Participant
Registered since

Oct 31, 2018

New QC35 II owner, bought two units, Bose Connect issue.

To all,

Have two sets, one for  me, one for the wife.I have a copy of Bose Connect and Alexa on both phones, are they both the same? as far as configuration? I have an  Alexa Echo that we use for music, now do I configure her phpone the same as mine or what? I am confused....

Thanks, Jim

9 REPLIES 9
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: New QC35 II owmner, bought two units, Bose Connect issue.

Hi JimPat,

Thanks for posting. You should set up her separate headset on her phone. Using both the Bose connect app and if you want Amazon integration, you would need to set it up in the Alexa app. Here is some information that might help.

Using Amazon Alexa

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Participant
Registered since

Oct 31, 2018

Tony,

Thanks for the reply. Here is my problem, my Android is connected to the Alexa app and a first gen Echo, when I connected the Bose OC35II to the Bose Connect app everything worked fine, I could play music from Amazon Music and books from my on-line library.   I was happy....Now I connected my wife's OC35 , I downloaded the Bose app, got her hooked up and "named" her OC35, downloaded Alexa app and Amazon music app. signed into Alexa app, called up Add Device, hit accessories and headphones, came back with the name of her headphone and on-line, nothing is connected, Alexa works on her headphone for weather etc but no music.... and I can't set up a music service? Should or how do I  connect the Alexa app to my Echo, can two Alexa apps be connected to one Echo?

Thanks, Jim

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi JimPat,

Thanks for clarifying and providing more detail. Let me investigate that further for you. I'll post anything I find here.

Regards,

Tony G

Participant
Registered since

Oct 31, 2018

Tony,

Have you found out anything?

Thanks,

Jim

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Jun 6, 2018

Hello JimPat,

After reading your comments, it occurs to me that you may have set up two accounts. I have had this problem and need to tell the Echo to switch accounts to use services linked to my account. Let us know if this is the case!

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

Participant
Registered since

Nov 18, 2018

Greg, That may be the problem. My connection is: Android phone, Bose +, Alexa app to my Echo. My music service is Amazon. Everything works as it should. My wife has an IPhone, new one, I am not an IPhone person. She has, Bose +, No Music service I have Amazon Music on her phone but it wants to use Itunes, Alexa app, no connection to my Echo.

I think this config is all wrong for some reason,but have no replacement idea. Swell huh?. On her Alexa app I can't add her headphones, on mine I can.... I just don't get it, I think I'm close, then, not so much..... I appreciate your help, Jim

Participant
Registered since

Nov 18, 2018

I also had problems with bose connect app.

I'm not sure if they are the same, but my QC35II's wouldnt come up in the app even though they would pair with the phone via bluetooth.

I went through the following steps:

Remove all bluetooth devices (history/pairs) from the device (android phone)

Uninstall the connect app.

Install the connect app ( but dont start it )

Then put headphones in pairing mode

Start the app (Headphones come up) but then..

Go back to settings and pair the headphones with bluetooth

Go back to the app and link the app to the headphones.

Really fiddly. < Did the whole process twice, and the QC35's are now paired in the connect app.

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Jun 6, 2018

Hello Jim,

Sorry to hear that it's still presenting issues for you. You might try checking your Amazon "Household profiles" settings from your Amazon account. If all else fails, Amazon Customer Support may be able to help you get it sorted out. I am not sure why one pair of headphones wouldn't link to the Alexa app. Amazon maybe able to provide some insight there as well if removing and re-adding the headphones doesn't getting them connected. It is possible there is an Amazon setting that is keeping that from happening on her account.

Thanks for keeping the Community in the loop as we work through this, it helps everyone! 

Best Regards,

Greg

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Jun 6, 2018

Hello leon924s,

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble, but would be glad to help! 

As I'm sure you are aware, there are two methods to connect your device with your Bose headphones. You can connect with the standard Bluetooth pairing method using your phone's Bluetooh menu or you can connect via the Bose Connect app. You may encounter unexpected behavior when trying to use both methods simultaneously.

When you started the Connect app, what did the app display? It should have shown you a picture of the headphones with instructions to "Drag To Connect". Did you also clear the device list on the headphones as well as your phone?

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support