ratteler50
Participant
Registered since

Apr 7, 2017

New QC35 ii keeps restarting over and over within seconds

My QC35 ii worked great for about a week.  I didn't use them over the weekend.  Now I went to use them and when I connect them to my device playing music, I hear music for a few seconds, then the sound cuts out and the background hum returns (as if I turned off the headphones noise canceling), then I hear "Battery 100%.  Connecting to <device>" then the music starts again for a few seconds, then again "Batter...Battery 100%.  Connected to <device>" and I get a few more seconds of music again before noise canceling goes away, and this keeps happening.  I have tried turning the headphones off and on, and have tried clearing connected devices by holding the power button all the way for 10 seconds (which only worked on like the third try).

Any advice?

3 REPLIES 3
Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: New QC35 ii keeps restarting over and over within seconds

ratteler50

Thanks for posting. Congratulations on the new QC35 II's! Sorry that they are not acting the way that they should, I would recommend trying to "reboot" the headset.

To reboot the headset

1. Turn the headset off and wait for 30 seconds.
  2. Plug the headset into a USB power supply via USB cord and wait 5 seconds. (Power supply needs to be plugged into the wall with power on).
  3. Unplug USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute.
  4. Turn on the headset and test if the headset works properly.

If that doesn't work, I would recommend returning the headset to the place of purchase for an exchange or contacting your local Bose support. Here is a link you can use. Click on your country, scroll down to "Contact Us"

If you could please give that a try and let us know

Tony

natewjones.nj
Participant
Registered since

Nov 4, 2017

I am having the same problem with my headphones, except it isn't happening as frequently as the first guy is saying. I just got them yesterday so I am trying to see what all the google assistant can do. During the time that I am asking the google assistant questions the headphones will just power off and turn back on every few minutes. For me it only seems to happen when I am using the google assistant so it isn't the biggest issue, but it is still annoying at times. I tried rebooting the headphones and it happened again. If there is anything else that you can think of that my help me please let me know. Thank you for your help and time.

Shiloh_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Hey  natewjones.nj,

Thanks for joining the conversation!  It sounds like your headphones could be defective as this is not how they should be behaving and because the reset didn't help I would suggest reaching out to customer support.  Just select your country and scroll down to where you see "contact us".  When you speak with support you can discuss your options moving forward.

Give me an update when you can?

Thanks,

Shiloh_C