Highlighted
cjdouthit
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 3, 2018

New Soundlink speaker disables my Wave music system bluetooth

Upon purchasing a Soundlink Micro Bluetooth speaker, I can now find it from my phone on Bluetooth but my phone now cannot find my Wave Music System Adapter on Bluetooth.  The additon of the wireless speaker seems to have disabled my Bluetooth connection to my Wave Adapter--any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: New Soundlink speaker disables my Wave music system bluetooth

Hey cjdouthit!

Welcome to the community my friend!   That's an interesting issue.  Can I ask, what phone do you have?  And let's try a few troubleshooting steps.

I'd like to clear the pairing list on the micro, to do that just press and hold the Bluetooth button down for about 10 seconds, you should hear a voice prompt or a tone letting you know that the list is cleared.  Make sure to delete the Micro from your phone's paired list as well.  Then let's start adding those connections back, one at a time.  This should allow your phone to reestablish those connections.

Let me know how it goes?  I hope that you have a wonderful rest of your week and take care,

Shiloh_C 

cjdouthit
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 3, 2018

Thanks.  I tried that but still the phone (Samsung Galaxy S8) doesn't find my Wave System Adaptor, although it is showing discoverable on the Wave and appears to be trying to connect to something.  But my phone doesn't register it.  Thats after the Micro speaker is cleared and it is unpaired from my phone and the Bose+ Connect app is uninstalled from my phone.  Very frustrating.  Any more ideas, thanks?

Hi cjdouthit

Sorry to hear about that. That is interesting. Could I ask, would it be possible for you to pair your Wave Music System Adapter with another mobile device for troubleshooting?

Let us know

Tony

cjdouthit
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 3, 2018

Yes, I tried to pair the Wave System with my wife's mobile--no luck--it does the same thing as mine.  Both our mobiles are Samsungs.  I can still pair the Wave System with my laptop, so I know the Wave bluetooth is working.

Thanks again,

Collin

Hey Collin,

Thanks for getting back to us and for testing that.  So it sounds like at this point your best option is to reach out to customer support, you can use this link. Just select your country and scroll down to where you see "contact us".  Please feel free to let us know how it goes, I'm very curious to hear.

Enjoy your day,

Shiloh_C