burner
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 6, 2019

New firmware update for QC35 II - 4.3.6 ?

Hello,

This morningI updated the Bose Connect+ application on my Android phone. It now prompted me that there is a firmware update available for my QC35 II and now my headphones are showing to be running on version 4.3.6 ???

There is no mention of this being available anywhere and when I connect using the usb cable it says that there is a new version available 3.1.8.....the headsets seem to be running fine for now, but was that a glitch or is this firmware version going to be released?

Thanks,

PaulCapture.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
may13686
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 6, 2019

Re: New firmware update for QC35 II - 4.3.6 ?

Author Accepted Answer selected by burner

Just found this link 

18 REPLIES 18
JulianVenn
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 6, 2019

Exactly the same happened to me.

may13686
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 6, 2019

Author Accepted Answer selected by burner

Just found this link 

nicoalonsop
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 15, 2019

I dont recomend to update the firmware, I installed and i have found some bugs when you connect to iPhone and MacBook.

The music stops when i power on the screen of mi iPhone. Also i cant volume up to max from my MacBook.

Captainsmart
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 16, 2019

I also upgraded the firmware but don’t experience any of your issues. Maybe do a factory reset?

Hi burner! Thank you for your post. 

Thank you for providing screenshots to accompany your issue - hopefully, I should be able to clear up any confusion for you.

The latest firmware update for your headphones specifically was version 4.3.6 - this simply laid the groundwork for future AR functionality, along with general bug fixes and stability improvements. This update was released on the 6th March 2019. I would recommend uninstalling and re-installing the Bose Connect app and check if the app has recognised your headphones are now up to date. If so, the app may not prompt you for a new update. This may simply be a glitch within the app - I am more than certain your headphones should be operating perfectly fine. However, give this a try, and let me know if your app is still offering software updates for you.

Warm Regards,

Sam F - Community Support

nicoalonsop
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 15, 2019

I have done a reset and now it is all OK. Now i recomend to upgrade!

Thanks!
joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@Sam_F  I would like to make a request that whenever a moderator talks about the latest upgrade 4.3.6, they do not say just "... laid the groundwork for future AR functionality...".  Bose and us now that is NOT exactly true.  It only lays the groundwork for QC35ii's whose serial numbers end with the two letter suffix AZ.  Those earlier ones with the AE suffix will not support AR functionality.

I can not definately suggest how you may want to word it, but please don't leave QC35ii customers with the impression that all of those units will support AR.  I know I tried (and 'wasted my time') trying to get mine to work with the Bose Radar app before learning that my AE QC35ii will not be supported by that App.

So here are perhaps three possible ways of saying it (or you come up with your own way):
1. "laid the groundwork for future AR support for QC35ii's with serial numbers ending in AZ"

2. "laid the groundwork for future AR support for some but not all QC35ii's"

3. "laid the groundwork for future AR support for the newest group of QC35ii's.

Personally I know you are just the support moderators here and probably had no input for this latest firmware or naming thing, but I have posted here elsewhere I don't understand the need for Bose to 'slipstream' this functional changes in the QC35ii's and keep the name.  It should have been called a QC35iii.  There are many who either don't choose to install the Bose Connect app, don't want the Connect app because they don't want to firmware upgrade, or can't install the app because they don't have a smartphone.  Without Bose Connect getting access to the serial number means looking at the box (which may have been thrown out) or scrunching the right earcup cushion to try to read the serial number inside.

Legitti
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 16, 2019

I have the AZ pair and now I'm curious why it's only getting the update and not older ones? Are there any other differences?
toddlee
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 19, 2019

Seeing the same issue. Music stops every 5~10 seconds. I don't even need to power on my screen. It just stops.