Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shiloh_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Re: No music share feature for QC35 Series 2

Hi everyone,

I have an update for you regarding the feature request for Music Sharing capabilities on QC35 II.  We are implimenting this and will let you know when we have more information on a timeline for you.  Reference my post HERE.  

Thank you all so much,

Shiloh_C 

hjnene
Participant
Registered since

Dec 13, 2017

I have the same issue, I contacted Bose and this is their response

This music share feature is available on firmware version 2.2.0 Version 2.2.0 was released on Dec. 13, 2017 and includes Music Share for the QC35 series II. You can update the headphones via the app or at btu.bose.com. Simply navigate to the software download page on the btu.Bose.com page on the internet and follow the steps.

Unfurtunately, when I connect my headphones it says they are up to date with version 2.1.3, so it seems 2.2.0 hasn't been realesed yet..

Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi

We got word that the update for Music Share is slightly delayed. We will have more information for you soon. We are excited for the new feature and look forward to introducing it ASAP!

Tony

wuub
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 17, 2017

@Tony_G can you elaborate what "slightly delayed" means in this context? 🙂 

Can you provide at least a rough ETA of 2.2.0 firmware? Are we talking next 2-3 days? 2-3 weeks? 2-3 months?

Prantik
Participant
Registered since

Apr 30, 2016

I wish I checked this thread earlier. I just got a qc 35 ii for my wife yesterday for our upcoming trip and realized the latest product from Bose does not have the music share which my old qc 35 does. I am going to wait for few days, in case the feature does not come up, I guess I am going to return it.
mmt
Participant
Registered since

Dec 17, 2017

My girlfriend got these amazing headphones for me, so that we could share her music and movies during travel.  She read many reviews and found out that her version of the headphones, QuietComfort 35 were not sold anymore.  On reviews they featured as the main difference the Google Assistant button.   She thought it was cool because I use Android while she uses i phone.  The reviews omitted to mention that the music sharing feature was eliminated from these top of the line headphones.  (See Wired, which I had in high regard, not so much anymore.)

I really hope Bose updates QC35ii I am new to these noise cancelling devices, which are otherwise great.  But I'm still pretty upset that she spent so much money for a product she thought she knew to end up so disappointed.  For Xmas we want an update.  

enumus
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 18, 2017

Tony_G wrote:

We got word that the update for Music Share is slightly delayed. We will have more information for you soon. We are excited for the new feature and look forward to introducing it ASAP!

@Tony_G, is there any word on this? I bought them to use them when travelling with my gf's ones that are version 1. Dissapointed when we discover that we couldn't use this feature together. And we couldn't return them. It would be good to have the feature before we travel on Christmas again. 

Thank you.

Shiloh_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Hey folks,

We don't have any word yet on when the firmware update will be released but I promise we'll keep you posted!

Thank you all so much!

Take care,

Shiloh_C 

enumus
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 18, 2017

@Shiloh_C wrote:

Hey folks,

We don't have any word yet on when the firmware update will be released but I promise we'll keep you posted!

Thank you all so much!

Take care,

Shiloh_C 

@Shiloh_C, any updates? they cannot be that far after almost 10 days... We want the update! Smiley Happy

tomasbecklin
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 25, 2017

Any update on this. Gifted the II for xmas and this feature was one of the reasons... Had no idea it would not work on the newer II vs the one I own.