Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tyler611
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 10, 2017

Re: No music share feature for QC35 Series 2

Yeah, I was really disappointed the feature was missing in my QC35IIs. They dropped the ball by advertising the feature but leaving it out of the latest product.
JoashPicard
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 26, 2017

Tony, I bought 2 pairs for my wife and I and would say since it took me 3 days to find this thread that I was definitely mislead on the music share feature for the “new and improved qc 35 series II”. I am very upset and looking to return both pairs. They have both been opened and will be used for 20 hours once we’re back from Scotland. Please advise how to do so.
Shiloh_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Hi Joash!

Thanks for joining the conversation and I'm very sorry to hear that you've had a disappointing experience.  The update was slightly delayed but we will keep you posted as we get any new information! 

If you are concerned and feel that you should return your headphones, you can do that by clicking on this link and selecting your country then scrolling down to where you see "contact us".

Thanks again for posting and I hope that you have a wonderful day!

Take care,

Shiloh_C 

enumus
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 18, 2017

@Shiloh_C wrote:

The update was slightly delayed but we will keep you posted as we get any new information! 

Is there any news about this? "Slightly delayed" is becoming just "delayed"...

Shiloh_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Hey enumus,

Thanks for checking back, no new information on the release as of yet.

I'll keep you posted!  

I hope that you had a wonderful New Years.

Take care,

Shiloh_C

JoashPicard
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 26, 2017

Hi Shiloh, I just got off the phone with Bose support and 2 separate technicians Told me that firmware 2.2.0 is available for the QC 35 series II and has been available since December 13. They said that that update will allow the Share Me function with the series 2. Unfortunately I did not get their names but that was just a few minutes ago two separate phone calls to confirm that.

Can you tell me what’s going on??
Anim.mina
Participant
Registered since

Jan 6, 2018

Yes, please keep us posted.

I’m also very dissapointed, as me and my gf have bought these specifically for the music share & ANC on long haul flights.

thank you.

A

Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi

Sorry for the confusion. The phone representatives you spoke to must have been misinformed. The "Music Share" feature in the QC35 II is not available at this time. It is coming soon! Keep your eye on the announcements section in the community for updates!

Tony

JoashPicard
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 26, 2017

Shiloh and Tony,
I think after talking and messaging 10 different people from Bose and 3 weeks later I am finally getting consistent answers. This thread is definitely the most consistent for information. I felt I should share my experiences on this thread since it’s the most consistent. The other 8 people I spoke with all gave me varying answers of which firmware is available for my headphones and the status of the Share Me function.
The latest person I spoke with over the phone when I called the Bose repair line did absolutely no trouble shooting when I told them my firmware was 2.1.3 and offered to send me a new set. I mentioned that I have two pairs one for myself and one for my wife and they offered to send me two new sets and then Bose would be paying the return shipping for the current sets we have. I already brought this up with their supervisor when he provided the correct information (after 1 hour on the phone with him as he called HQ?).
I am not bringing this up on the thread to drag anyone through the mud but only to question whether or not my $1000 investment of 2 headphone sets is actually going to be worth it. I’ve only ever heard good reviews from friends and coworkers about Bose but I must say that is completely opposite of my experience since I purchased these two headphone sets 3 weeks ago. Is there any kind of assurance either of you can provide me that I made a good decision in purchasing two $500 pairs of headphones?
HMs_Harlot
Participant
Registered since

Jan 10, 2018

Hey Bose Reps,

I've been following this thread for a while and wanted to throw my hat in the ring as well.

I hope the firmware update is close, I've also been waiting for this since recieving a series 2 for Christmas and I know several others that are also disappointed having been sold the product under false pretense.

Let the engineers know we're all waiting on this. 

Regards