Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Danearmuffs
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 17, 2019

No way for NC 700s to answer call on paired iPhone while playing music on computer

Hi,

I have the NC 700s, and I've managed to pair both my iphone and laptop. While playing music from my laptop during work, I will sometimes receive calls on my iphone. I'd obviously want to be able to answer those calls via the touch controls on my headphones... The headphones alert me that the call is happening (this is only because I have a macbook air with icloud so the call appears as an notificaiton on my laptop). However, and in any case, I cannot double tap the headphones to answer the call. This would be true whether my computer had icloud set up or not, because it seems as though these NC 700s cannot let you seamless switch between multipaired devices to answer phone calls.

I read a concerning thing about the NC 700s and their design: there's no button to switch between other paired devices, like the QC 35s have. But now, in addition, I can't even accept the call that's happening from my iphone using the headphones without pulling out my iphone and answering the call directly on there, then while the call is happening, switch the "audio" device from speaker phone to the headphones I had paired. This is nuts!

How can this be solved so that I can seamlessly answer calls from my phone (one of the multipaired devices in the app) while / after having played music or ansewring conference calls on my laptop?

BOSE needs to address the button to switch between devices and this lack of seamlessness in switching devices to answer inbound calls ASAP. As it stands, I nearly or do miss calls to my iphone because I'm not always able to pull out my phone in time to answer the call via my phone.

Likely to return these. The fact is, I use these at work all day. If I can't switch from listening to music while working to answering a call from my iphone without rushing and wrestling to dig it out of my bag or pocket, I will need to return these. Fatal flaw.

D

2 REPLIES 2
Hector_B

Re: No way for NC 700s to answer call on paired iPhone while playing music on computer

Hi Danearmuffs, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I appreciate the time that you have taken to post this and provide us with this feedback. 

We have received this request for being able to switch devices with a button press or a tap multiple times and we have made the development team aware of this request. In regards to what you are attempting to do the headphones won't be able to do this as the touch controls will be linked to the device that you are currently using. 

I will raise this to the team again for you and I am sorry to hear that you are considering the headphones. If there is anything else that I can do to assist you with this please do let me know. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Danearmuffs
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 17, 2019

Re: No way for NC 700s to answer call on paired iPhone while playing music on computer

Ok so I have 2 questions:

1) If the feature to have a button to switch between paired devices is implemented, would I then be able to switch to my iphone when seeing the call (on my headphones via this button) and then be able to use the touch pad on the headphones to answer that same call?  While this would be two steps, if it prevents me from having to dig around in my bag to find my iphone, it would be a solution to my problem.

2) I didn't own the QC 35s. Can you confirm if this is how they work? If so, I'd consider buying those instead... It's annoying and frustrating though because the microphone in those is poorer, but at least I'd be truly more hands free in my use of them.

Thanks