Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AK Gecko
Participant
Registered since

Sep 3, 2019

Noise Canceling Headphones 700 -- rattling noise in right ear

Has anyone else experienced a rattling sound in the right earpiece when on voice calls?  It is not really noticeable while playing music, but on my new 700's certain voice calls produce a rattling sound like there is something loose in earpiece.  I don't know if this is due to something actually getting bumped loose from tapping and double-tapping on the touch area on the right earpiece?

4 REPLIES 4
Tegan_M

Re: Noise Canceling Headphones 700 -- rattling noise in right ear

Hello AK Gecko,

Thank you for messaging the community, I am very sorry to hear that you are experiencing a rattling issue with your Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700. We would love to do what we can in order to assist you with this.

• Does this occur when you take phone calls from a different mobile device?
  • How do you tend to take your calls, is this via an online service?
  • Do you feel that there is anything loose within the headset?
  • Can you listen to some audio on a low volume to test and see if this rattling appears in the background?

I look forward to hearing from you. 

Tegan M - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
AK Gecko
Participant
Registered since

Sep 3, 2019

This occurs when I take calls on my laptop or my iPhone.  On the laptop, it is generally on meetings using the Zoom conferencing product.  On my phone it happens on audio calls over the cellular network (i.e., not VoIP calls).  It occurs frequently, I notice it on at least 50% of the calls that I'm on, but doesn't happen 100% of the time, but just with certain volumes/timbre of voices.  It always occurs in the right ear; I've never heard it in the left ear.

I can't feel anything loose in the headset from the outside, and if I shake it lightly, I don't hear anything loose inside.

I've listened to a podcast that is primarily voices (not music) at low-to-medium volume and I do not hear the rattling.

It's a very odd, but exceptionally annoying problem.  I use my headphones > 75% of the time for phone calls, so this problem is in my face (or, rather, in my ear) every day.

magic100
Advocate
Registered since

Jan 23, 2017

When is the BOSE SELECTABLE EQ being added as per Bose website.

The BOSE 700 have much less base than even the QC35. PEOPLE ARE DISSATISFIED.

BOSE EQ IS NEEDED OR I WILL RETURN THEM.

Hector_B

Hi AK Gecko, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this! It is a very strange issue, 

Have you attempted any troubleshooting so far to attempt to resolve this issue? If so which? 

I look forward to hearing back from you and any other users that are experiencing this issue. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!