Highlighted
Topoi
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 27, 2017

Noise Cancellation Quietcomfort 35 II not working after Windows 10 Creators update

Hi,

I was given a pair of Quitcomfort 35 II noise cancellation headphones for Christmas. 

Noise cancellation works fine without sound and when listening to audio or watching video on my Android phone. 

It was working fine as well on my laptop until the Windows 10 Creators update.

Now when listening to audio on the laptop, the sound is awful and noise cancellation seems to have stopped working. 

I have played around with the sound settings, checked to see if under 'playback devices' the correct device was checked (which it was) and checked for any available driver updates but nothing has solved the problem.

When I switch from 'hands free' to 'stereo' I notice noise cancellation becomes enabled but I don't get any audio.

Has anyone experienced the same issue and if yes, come across a solution?

Any help is appreciated. Would be ashame to not be able to fully enjoy these headphones.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Re: Noise Cancellation Quietcomfort 35 II not working after Windows 10 Creators update

Hey Topoi!

Welcome to the community and congrats on your new QC 35 II!  Let's get them up and running for you.  I have a few additional troubleshooting steps that we can try, let's start with a reset:

1. Turn the headset off and wait for 30 seconds.
  2. Plug the headset into a USB power supply via USB cord and wait 5 seconds. (Power supply needs to be plugged into the wall with power on).
  3. Unplug USB cord from headset and wait 1 minute.
  4. Turn on the headset and test if the headset works properly.

After you perform the reset let's clear the pairing list as well.  To clear the list just slide the power switch all the way to the right towards the Bluetooth symbol and hold it there until you hear a voice prompt letting you know it's cleared, this should take about 10 seconds.  At this point make sure to delete the headphones from your device's paired lists as well, then reestablish the connection and test it out.

I hope this helps - please come back and update me whenever you get a chance.

I hope that you have a wonderful New Years.

Take care,

Shiloh_C 

sfpoodles
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 6, 2018

Re: Noise Cancellation Quietcomfort 35 II not working after Windows 10 Creators update

I tried plugging earphones protocol with the USB port and clearing the pairing list and I still can't get sound using a universal Bluetooth MEE converter and an LG UH6530 TV. Any suggestions?