Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jan 26, 2017

Noise Cancelling QC35 doubt

I have this amazing headphones since summer and I'm very happy, but I expected more of the NC. Before buying, i was read that NC works perfectly in constant noises (airplanes, air-conditioning, pc noise, etc), with noises like as voices, knocking, horns the NC is less effective, but when you put music all noises are blocked. I read many reviews (in Amazon) that even with low volume the noise are practically 100% blocked.

Unfortunately when I listen music in low-medium volume i can still hear voices (according to the tones), knocking (closing doors). Even in a high volumen i can still some noises, especially with dining cutlery. At least with high volume the other noises (voices, knocking and other loud and annoying noises) they disappear, but noises like dinning cutleries i can still hear it.  

I hope that my QC35 NC don't be defective. 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: Noise Cancelling QC35 doubt

bonjovi079519,

Thanks for the great post. You are correct that ANC is designed to filter out the ambient noises in the room. To improve the noise cancellation remember to be sure that the earcups are seated tightly against the head. Glasses, earrings and hats may cause the headphone cushion to not form a tight seal around the ear. Remove any of these items and retest the noise canceling feature. Also, remember if the ear cushion is not affixed to the earcup properly the noise reduction or sound quality may be affected.

Hope this helps.

Tony

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 26, 2017

Re: Noise Cancelling QC35 doubt

As Tony says, the Noise Cancelling looses a lot with even the thiner space between your skin and the headphone seal, (sorry about my not too good english 😉 ).

This is caused by some phisics laws that this ain't the place to discuss, but yes, it happens.

About the poor performance, even with a very good seal I also noticed a drop in the ANC performance in the last updates, but at the same time it seems to be less stressing for the ears and more comftable.

Hope this helps you!