Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 9, 2017

Noise cancellation QC35 series ii not working well

I purchased a pair of nose from amazon a few days ago and the noise cancellation worked amazingly. I then installed the app and the newest update and the noise cancelling quality has significantly decreased. Any help on how to fix this is greatly appreciated. Considering I paid a significant amount of money for noise cancellation specifically I would expect it to work as advertised. They are less than a week old.

Ps. I did the reset already several times and it doesn’t seem to have helped
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jul 19, 2017

Re: Noise cancellation QC35 series ii not working well

I'm a bit surprised. There's no differences between first firmware from QC35 II and new ones (from this day). At least, from my listening.

There were differences in ANC between QC35 (1) firmwares. But that's not the case with QC35 II. Maybe it's our brain which get used to high level and we ask for more. It's also possible micros (& ANC) are less good with time. But that does not explain a big change in 1 week.

Even you seem unsure about the differences ("and it doesn’t seem to have helped").

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 9, 2017

It is definitely possible that i have become accustomed to the ANC already. But at the same time i can still hear the ac running and the dryer going, me typing on my laptop. the sort of things you would expect not to hear. its a brand new pair, so i figured it doesnt hurt to post and see.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 9, 2017

@Pilou42 wrote:

I'm a bit surprised. There's no differences between first firmware from QC35 II and new ones (from this day). At least, from my listening.

There were differences in ANC between QC35 (1) firmwares. But that's not the case with QC35 II. Maybe it's our brain which get used to high level and we ask for more. It's also possible micros (& ANC) are less good with time. But that does not explain a big change in 1 week.

Even you seem unsure about the differences ("and it doesn’t seem to have helped").

It is definitely possible that i have become accustomed to the ANC already. But at the same time i can still hear the ac running and the dryer going, me typing on my laptop. the sort of things you would expect not to hear. its a brand new pair, so i figured it doesnt hurt to post and see. the sounds are definitely muted but not the level of cancelation i wouldve figured it to be.

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jul 19, 2017

I know that feeling.

I had QC35 with original firmware, and I'm in the ones who think the original firmware had better ANC that next ones (including QC35 II). But it's been a long time now, I can't remember really well the sensation.

If it can reassure you, I hear keyboard typing, or clapping my hands with QC35 II. When I start being disappointed, I remember that I've tried other headphones with ANC and they were really not good. And in subway, it still blocks a lot of sounds.

I'm still hoping that one day Bose will anounce a "higher" profile which blocks higher frequencies too.