Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 12, 2018

Noise cancelling for QC35 II

I understand this topic you guys already dropped. If can please help me.

I found it was so weird. When I sat beside the people who were chatting with my wireless headset on, I still can hear them clearly. It was like no noise canceling at all. But when I was in the plane by sitting at the last row where the engine usually was, it was away better than I thought. If you want me to put into the percentage, only 20 to 25% I can hear the outside noise. 

As I am accepting the fact that the engineer can't do much, can I ask for a small favor which reduced the human voices while they are chatting? This headset has the low, medium and high functions, At least when we put it high, reduce human voices maybe 20 to 25%. I really want a peace of mind and mind my own business and this really killing me. 

From your point of view, is it better if I go change to a new one? Maybe there is a problem. Sometimes I can't connect to my Bluetooth too. The problem comes off and on. I tried to do troubleshooting and sometimes it can be solved. When I change to a new headset, it must be the same color right and can I choose the color?

Thanks for your answer    

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Jun 6, 2018

Re: Noise cancelling for QC35 II

Hello Jacho! Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community.

I am sorry to hear you are having that experience! Active noise canceling technology is extremely effective with constant ambient noise (traffic, building HVAC systems, airplane engine noise) and this is where the benefit will be most noticeable. Unfortunately, due to the variation inherent in the human voice - especially live speech - the effect is limited to a reduction of the sound rather than cancellation. This is something that is part of how the technology works. Your headphones are functioning correctly and replacing them is unlikely to change what you are hearing. Have a great day! 

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 12, 2018

Hi Greg,

I hope your team can look at it. Bose had done a great job that can let us select the noise level from low to high. As what I can recalled from this product introduction, the low function absorb all the noise in the environment when the user is on the run/go. This is to ensure our safety. I tried that and it worked perfectly fine. When we put on high we expect to listen to the music with no disturbance or at least reduce the disturbance as much as possible. I am not asking you to cut all the noise but to reduce it especially people talking beside us. I really hope your team will look at it to reduce the voices. 

I tried before in the same situation wherein a crowded mall and it worked perfectly fine too. At least it reduced people talking. But this time no. This is why it got me wondered whether it is my headphone problem. 

Plus when I listened to spotify and my phone put into my front pocket, whenever my hand moves, there is a little pause from the music. I wondered since I am using Bluetooth and it is not line of sight connection, why I still have the problem? This is my second pair and I really want to return back before my warranty ends.

Please help

regards   

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Jun 6, 2018

Hello Jacho,

Though not required, Bluetooth works most effectively line of sight as well. Since it is a radio signal it is also subject to interference . If you are unsure of whether your headphones are working properly please contact Customer Service, who can assist you with service options. Here is a link to contact information. Just select your region, and kindly scroll down to where you see "contact us".

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support