Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jimntedi
Participant
Registered since

Jun 24, 2019

One bud not working

One of the new ear buds, Soundsport Free Wireless, is working on and off. Is blinking white in the charge case while the one that works fine is a solid white. The pair also do not hold a charge very well. Get about four uses for running, every other day, until needs to be charged again, so about 8 - 9 days before charge is gone.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hector_B

Re: One bud not working

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hi @jimntedi and @raja

Thank you both for posting and making us aware of this issue. I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue and would love to assist further. 

My first recommendation would be to reset your headphones. You can do this by following these steps:

• Place the earbuds into the charging case
  • Plug the charging case into a wall outlet using a USB charger and wait 5 seconds
  • Unplug the USB cord from the charging case and wait 1 minute
  • Remove the earbuds from the case and try again

I would also recommend that you clear the pairing list on both of the speakers. To do this, hold the Bluetooth button for approximately 10 seconds until you hear the prompt "Bluetooth device list cleared". 

Also, remove the speakers from your device's Bluetooth list. Then re-connect them via the Bose Connect app as well as ensuring that they are running the latest software via the Btu.bose.com updater. 

I look forward to hearing back from you both. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Raja
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 16, 2018

So crazy. I just did...well..tried to do a firmware update on my SoundSport Free. By the way the sound quality is just incredible. Anyhow, it got to about 85% then crashed. (I had a USB cable from the case to my PC, with the case open as instructed). That wiped out the left ear bud function. Till then both earbuds worked like a charm! So now I have to send it back to the factory for a replacement. This is just PITIFUL. 

There are just countless reports of one bud or another not working. During the firmware update it would crash often saying, oh, you don't have one of the buds in the case, or you did not connect the cable right, crap like that. Sure, blame the customer!!!

Hector_B

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hi @jimntedi and @raja

Thank you both for posting and making us aware of this issue. I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue and would love to assist further. 

My first recommendation would be to reset your headphones. You can do this by following these steps:

• Place the earbuds into the charging case
  • Plug the charging case into a wall outlet using a USB charger and wait 5 seconds
  • Unplug the USB cord from the charging case and wait 1 minute
  • Remove the earbuds from the case and try again

I would also recommend that you clear the pairing list on both of the speakers. To do this, hold the Bluetooth button for approximately 10 seconds until you hear the prompt "Bluetooth device list cleared". 

Also, remove the speakers from your device's Bluetooth list. Then re-connect them via the Bose Connect app as well as ensuring that they are running the latest software via the Btu.bose.com updater. 

I look forward to hearing back from you both. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post