Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Re: PC Gaming with QC35 Problem

Hi Alain,

I have the Apple (iPod/iPad) version of the QC25.

When I plug the QC25 into my Xbox One wireless controller. I can hear my voice from the microphone in the earphones.  I don't use the Xbox for games so I can't tell you how well that will work, but I can tell you that "Hey Cortana" works fine through the microphone.

I think that difference between the Android and Apple versions is the way the buttons function for controlling media playback (play/stop/fast forward/back). If you have or are more likely to get an Apple device then maybe the Apple version will make more sense. If you have are or likely to get an Android device then of course, go with Android.

Anyway - if you get the cord I'd be really interested to know which one you got and how it works for you.

ST

Contributor
Registered since

Jan 1, 2017

Yeah, I am an android user through and through which is the main decision behind this.  I believe i can get a splitter that will separate the audio and inline mic so I can plug them respectively in my PC and use it there for gaming.

Reading though, I believe the mic is in the cable for the QC25 cable, since the microphone on the QC35 is primarily used for noise cancellation which is why it turns off during hands free mode.  I was hoping the cable only provided a hardwire connection for the QC35's built in mic and allowed it to be used but it seems that the cable is a microphone.

I don't know if anyone can clarify on this before I spend $30 on it just to try it out.  If I do though, I'll update this thread so others may find it in their search for answers.

Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Hi alaindesjardins,

Did you get that QC25 cable?

Did it work for you?

ST

Contributor
Registered since

Jan 1, 2017

I did not get the cable.  I am waiting for a deal or discount on the cable since I think paying $30 for a cable is absurd.  Hopefully I can find a genuine cable for less than that in the near future since I do miss voice communication in my games.

Participant
Registered since

Feb 2, 2017

I got the cable. It did NOT work for me. Not a happy camper. 

Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Hi ntsloan,

I'm sorry that the cable did not work for you. Thanks for letting us know.

What computer are you using? (Make/model).

Thanks,

ST

ntsloan86@gmail.com wrote:

I got the cable. It did NOT work for me. Not a happy camper. 

Participant
Registered since

Feb 2, 2017

I was trying to use the cable with my XBOX ONE video game console, not a PC. 

Some of the folks on various forums, including this one, have said that the Android version of the QC25 cable would make the QC35 work with the Xbox. I didn't experience success with that. 

Contributor
Registered since

Jan 1, 2017

Glad I did not waste the money on the cable and a big thank you for coming here to post.  I've decided that Bose isn't the complete solution for my needs.  I will most likely be buying a headset to specifically game with my PC and XBox instead of using my Bose headset to do so.

For future itterations of the Bose QC35 headset, I would suggest two transmitters in the headset to seperate the stereo audio and microphone for communication purposes without degrading the audio quality.  That or hopefully the next bluetooth standard that allows for stereo sound and voice communication while retaining the noise cancelling function.

Contributor
Registered since

Feb 8, 2017

Pity I did not check all the problems qc35 has before I got them. It would seem they are plagued with tech. problems. I cant connect to either win 7 or win 10. At it for months, after 7 different bluetooth dongles. Had it up to here with BOSE.

They are flawed. They will not connect to many devices. Just take a browse of these forums. Waste of 370 euro and hours or troubleshooting. Im back to my panasonic wireless headphones, which work every time.

M.

Participant
Registered since

Feb 19, 2017

So I have the QC35s and I just do not understand why these won't work for gaming, I understand what you all are saying, but it seems stupid to me that Bose would allow you to use these headphones via your iPhone, but not as sound/mic, when I can do so on a phone call? How does this even make any sense? 

This topic states "solved", but it should not be listed as that since nobody has been able to figure this out as of yet, lol. I'd have to go and spend another $250+ on a gaming headset for my PC, when I really like my Bose ones. On another side note, the reason I'd like to get this working is because I wear glasses now and then and other gaming headsets I've had are horrible for those who wear glasses and not contacts all the time. 

Has anyone tried the bluetooth USB adapter and it did not work I take it? 

--Luna