Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 9, 2017

Pain on Ears when using QC35

Dear Forum,

I just bought my QC35 and started actively use it.

However after couple of days I have a pain in my ears, I guess this is because of noise cancellation pressure on ears.

Has anyone expereince the similiar thing?

Thanks

H

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 3, 2017

Re: Pain on Ears when using QC35

Yes ! I am having the same issue. I have had mine for two days now and having them on for only a few minutes causes pain in my ears!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 5, 2017

Same thing. Although I'm not sure it fits from a previous ear issue cause by in ear monitors and swimming. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 9, 2017

It might be because of th bad quality of the headphones as well. I too had that problem earlier. Though after buying my new wireless bluetooth headphones, I don't face that problem again. Advanced features such as noise cancellation (especially that of wind noise), which generally improves sound quality. Try to get some better product for safety of your ears. Get more information from internet or some recommended site.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 20, 2017

I am having the same issue! I've been having the pain off and on for weeks. I thought I was getting an ear infection, but realized it was because I was using the QC 35 headphones. I love the headphones, but not at the epense of my ears. Perhaps Bose should look into this! 

Highlighted
Advisor
Registered since

Dec 24, 2016

From page 2 of the user manual...

Screen Shot 2017-06-21 at 8.54.24 PM.png

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 20, 2017

I listen to podcasts mostly, never at high volume. 

Highlighted
Advisor
Registered since

Dec 24, 2016

@aeromancer wrote:

I listen to podcasts mostly, never at high volume. 

That's relative.  Try a lower volume and see how your ears feel.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 5, 2017

I have the same problem. I dont even need to play anything through them. I can just put them on, turn on the noice cancelling (to reduce sound in office) and after sometime I get a feeling of pressure/pain in my left ear.

I am going to have to consider returning them as I dont want a product that hurts me. Bose - do you have any suggestions?

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 5, 2017

After using them for a week, the feeling has pretty much gone, but I still feel a strange pressure. It is more of an awareness of something differnet, but after a week it doesnt really bother me,