Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 26, 2016

Pairing Bluetooth headphones with PC

QC35 works with cell phone but not on PC.

Windows 10 on PC.  Setting says: Bluetooth on. Your PC is searching for and can be discovered by Bluetooth devices. It first lists: Bose QuietComfort 35 (headphone image) Paired. It also shows a second listing: Bose QuietComfort 35 (cell phone and tablet image) Paired. Bluetooth Settings Hardware lists: Broadcom BCM20702 Bluetooth 4.0 USB Device.

Kinivo BTD400 Bluetooth USB adapter in USB hub. Went to Kinivo for driver update and it says: No driver needed on Windows 10.

Went to Bose and updated QC35 software to 1.0.6.

Moved QC35 Bluetooth switch and get voice message: Ready to pair another device. Nothing ever happens. It does paired with cell phone and works just fine. Also held QC35 Bluetooth switch for 10+ seconds and cleared all pairing and stated from scratch without cell phone pairing. Still would not pair with PC. Deleted both Bluetooth linkages in PC Bluetooth Settings and started from scratch and it brought up both QC35 as paired again but will not work.

In Bluetooth setting hardware, Bose Quiet Comfort 35 list for driver: Provider: Microsoft; Date: 6.21.2006; Version: 10.0.14393.479; Signer: Microsoft Windows. Under General for Bose Quiet Comfort 35, it also says: This device is working properly. The second listing for QC35 (I assume is for the cell phone-tablet )is the same except the version is 10.0014393.206

HELP….

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: Pairing QC35 with PC

Thanks for reaching out to the community. It looks like a similar issue was addressed in a previous post with a few different solutions. Click HERE to check it out!

Hope this helps.

Tony

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 30, 2017

Did you manage to solve this issue? I am currently having the same problem with my HP Elitebook 8470w and the Bose Quiet Comfort 35.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 11, 2017

And I have similar problem with HP 840. It simply cannot find my Bose Cuite Comfort 35. 

I have paired with two macs, one iphone, and one iPad. No problems. Shifting between them is also surprisingly easy. 

But trying to pair my headset with CPC = 2 hours and no success so far. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 11, 2017

Same issue here. Trying to pair with HP 8570W. No bluetooth device found. Also tried to disable built in bluetooth and add a new bluetooth dongle. Same thing, the QC35 will not show up anywhere in Windows 10. Works fine with Imac (excepts that using it as a headset for Skype it sucks) and Samsung S5. I am lost, I was hoping it would be usefull with Skype.....

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi

Thanks for posting. Pairing with computers can be difficult do to many different variables. Bluetooth drivers, operating systems, and etc. I did happen to find something on HP's forum that might help. HERE is a link you can use. You might want to reach out to HP if that doesn't work

Please come back and let us know

Tony

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 16, 2017

Im having the same problems (as stated above) connecting my QC35 to my Surface Pro w/ WIndows 10 (which i updated today).

Would Appreciate your step by step guidance.

THnx.

D

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 17, 2017

Mine worked fine until my PC recieved the Windows 10 Creators Update.  Apparently they broke a bunch of bluetooth functionality. Not sure exactly what they did but after the update, the headphones are no longer detected (as described by others).  

Assume it needs a driver update (as opposed to a firmware update on the headphones themselves) to my particular bluetooth device (Qualcomm Aetheros 3012) 

EDIT:  I was able to fix this by updating my Bluetooth drivers, after which time the headphones became visible/installed but would not pair.  I removed the device and re-paired, and they now work as intended.