Paul2016
Participant
Registered since

Dec 28, 2016

Pairing Bose QC35 with universal transmitter

Hello. We recently bought my father a Bose QC35 Bluetooth headset and were dismayed to find out that our smart TV didn't have Bluetooth functionality. We then purchased a universal Bluetooth audio transmitter from Aluratek model ABT01F hoping this would solve the problem but now we can't get them to pair together. Any help would be appreciated.
7 REPLIES 7
Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: Pairing Bose QC35 with universal transmitter

Thanks for reaching out Paul,

Would it be possible for you to pair the headset with another audio device like a cell phone or tablet? If it pairs without issue then we would recommend clearing the headset's memory and attempt to pair to the Bluetooth adapter again. To clear the headphone pairing list, Slide Power to Bluetooth and hold for 10 seconds, until you hear “Bluetooth device list cleared.” All Bluetooth devices are cleared and the headphones are ready to pair a new device.

HERE is a link to the manual for the Aluratek Model ABT01F detailing the pairing procedure.

Hope this helps.

Tony

dan778
Participant
Registered since

Feb 18, 2017

I have had the same issue, but initially, the QC35 DID pair with the Aluratek transmitter ABT01F (the model that Best Buy sells).    Then I bought a second one - the ABC01F, a brand new Auratek tranmitter/receiver, since it claims to be able to handle two devices at once and I wanted my wife to be able to use headsets as well.

In setting it up, I couldn't get QC35 to pair with the new device no matter what I tried, so following the Bose suggestion, I cleared memory on the QC35 and then proceeded.   Wrong solution - now QC35 won't pair with either device.    Thus far Aluratek hasn't been any help either.  

I was wondering, for example, if I need to clear both devices - not just QC35.   The problem is, the Aluratek products have no way to do this. 

Hoping you might have some other ideas, tony.

Dan

Leod
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jan 24, 2017

Out of interest how long do you leave the 2 devices next to each other when trying to pair? I had a similiar experience with a Taotronics bluetooth transmitter, it took up to 2 minutes for the devices to pair. Don't know why it took so long but each time I've re-paired it's taken a while.

dan778
Participant
Registered since

Feb 18, 2017

Leod,

Thanks for your reply.   It's a good comment - I'm not certain, but I think I've tried pairing them multiple times over 5-10 minutes before my patience wears out, but I'm always trying to do something, so I may not have just let it sit quietly long enough to do it.  I'll try and let you know. 

What I have observed however is it appears the Aluratek believes it's pairing, but QC35 doesn't actually connect.   I went through pains to secure every other bluetooth device within range to make sure it wasn't pairing with something else, and when QC35 isn't energized, the transmitter just signals that its trying to pair, but doesn't connect with anything.   However, as soon as I turn on QC35, the Aluratek signals its "paired".    However, the headset still doesn't acknowledge being paired.    It's very frustrating.   I'm stuck using my Skullcandy Hesh II phones - they pair every time.   A quarter of the price and much more functional.    Bose should take notice.

MZed
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 30, 2016

I gave up trying to pair my QC35s to the transmitter. No one from Bose ever contacted me even after directly contacting them, which tells me they're aware of the problem and don't care enough about it -- or me as their customer -- to bother helping. Clearly Bose changed the firmware, which now limits pairing to devices with screens. I bought a $40 pair of BT headphones on Amazon from Taotronics. They easily pair with the transmitter, and there's no visible delay between picture and sound.

Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

MZed,

Sorry to hear that no one has gotten back to you. Does the headset work with mobile devices?

Let us know

Tony

hgpt
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 19, 2017

Same problem over here. I've recently bought an universal audio transmiter from Aliexpress (DBPOWER 2-in-1 Bluetooth Audio Receiver Transmitter to be more precisely) and I can't get it to pair with my Bose QC35 no matter how many times I follow the pairing procedure described in transimter manual. Why can't Bose just implement a pairing interface in the app interface on the smartphone?