Feb 26, 2019

Pairing on-ear wireless headphone with Pioneer receiver Model VSX-832

Is it possible?  If so, how?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Pairing on-ear wireless headphone with Pioneer receiver Model VSX-832

Author Accepted Answer selected by DAL

I'm sorry to hear that David.

Before you return the headphones, from having a look at your receiver, it does appear to only support Bluetooth for streaming audio to the receiver, rather than broadcasting from the receiver to other devices. This would explain why your Mac and iPhone could pair, as they output a Bluetooth signal, but our headphones have not been able to, as they only receive a Bluetooth signal. I would recommend talking to Pioneers support team, as it is their receiver, to see if there is a way of connecting Bluetooth headphones to receive audio from the device as they will be best placed to know whether that is possible and how to set that up.

As you have the headphones paired with your Mac or iPhone it would suggest the headphones are not faulty in this instance.

I hope this helps

Keith - Community Support - 

5 REPLIES 5

Hi DAL,

Thank you for your post regarding connecting your Bose product. I am sorry to hear you have encountered difficulties connecting your headphones to your Pioneer product. I will certainly work to help you resolve this issue so that you can enjoy your Bose product.

I would like to ask if you could provide more information regarding the specific Bose headphones that you own - it will be of great benefit for us to check for any possible compatibility issues with your set up plans or firmware update news.

I would also recommend trying to connect your headphones to a different device such as mobile phone, computer or tablet - just to confirm to us if the headphones you own are functioning correctly.

We look forward to hearing back from you soon to offer further assistance with this issue!

Warm Regards,

Sam - Community Support 

DAL
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Hi Sam,

Thanks for your reply.  My headphones are On-ear Wireless Headphones, S/N Code = 7KCX.  I have had them paired with my iPhone 6S and MacBook Air for some time now.

Just recently upgraded my A/V receiver to the subject Pioneer, intending to pair the headphones with that so to better hear what's coming into the living room.  (My hearing is poor, and I need all the help I can get, even with hearing aids.)  I’ve successfully paired the iPhone and  the Mac with the receiver, so I must have the procedure correct with respect to the receiver, but the headphones just won’t complete.

Looking forward to your help.

Hi DAL,

What I would suggest is clearing the pairing list from the On-Ear Wireless headphones. You can do that by:

1. Turn the headset on by sliding the Power/Bluetooth switch to the on position
  2. Slide the switch up to the Bluetooth symbol and hold until you hear "Bluetooth device list cleared"

This will remove your mac and your phone from the pairing list. So you will need to reconnect these. But I would like you to test this, connect it to the receiver once more if you can. Let me know how that goes. Ill keep an eye on this.

Kind Regards,

Brandon_C

DAL
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Brandon, 

I did as you asked, but still no luck.  I turn on the receiver with its bluetooth button.  It displays “Now initializing”, then after a while displays “Now pairing”, but never completes.

And now it won’t re-pair with my iPhone.  (It does re-pair with my Mac.)  I do believe this set of headphones is faulty, and I’ll be returning it under warranty.  I bought it at Costco.  Do you know whether I should return it to Bose or to Costco?

Thanks, 
David Lazear

Author Accepted Answer selected by DAL

I'm sorry to hear that David.

Before you return the headphones, from having a look at your receiver, it does appear to only support Bluetooth for streaming audio to the receiver, rather than broadcasting from the receiver to other devices. This would explain why your Mac and iPhone could pair, as they output a Bluetooth signal, but our headphones have not been able to, as they only receive a Bluetooth signal. I would recommend talking to Pioneers support team, as it is their receiver, to see if there is a way of connecting Bluetooth headphones to receive audio from the device as they will be best placed to know whether that is possible and how to set that up.

As you have the headphones paired with your Mac or iPhone it would suggest the headphones are not faulty in this instance.

I hope this helps

Keith - Community Support -