Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TT1103
Participant
Registered since

Dec 26, 2016

Pause/Play button doesn't click?

Just bought a pair of the Soundlink wireless headphones II. I noticed that the pause/play button between the volume buttons doesn't click when pressed. It feels like the button is stuck. But the button does work when I press it hard. 

Is it supposed to be like this, or did I receive a defective unit?

5 REPLIES 5
Mohsin_S
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: Pause/Play button doesn't click?

Hi TT1103,

Thanks for the question. You should not be experiencing the difficulty as described. We recommend reaching out to your local Bose contact for the best support on this. Contact information can be found here.

Mohsin 

TT1103
Participant
Registered since

Dec 26, 2016

Thanks! 

I went back to the store I bought them at and managed to switch them for a new pair. However this time, I noticed a static white noise whenever something is playing over bluetooth. It's not noticeable when continuously playing music. But when I watch a video with someone talking, the noise is very noticeable whenever there is a pause in sound. I don't get any white noise when using them with the cable. Is this due to some sort of bluethooth intereference or did I just receive another faulty device? 

Mohsin_S
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi TT1103,

Thanks for the update

It is possible the headphones may be picking up interference from an electronic source. Try using them in another area. Have you noticed this across all your devices? We recommend trying another source.

Let us know

Mohsin

TT1103
Participant
Registered since

Dec 26, 2016

I've tried using the headphones in a different area and with different devices. But regardless, there is still a consistent static white noise. The static noise isn't very loud but it is definitely audible. 

Could there be an problem with the bluetooth receiver? I've used other bluetooth headphones before and I've never experienced this issue.

Mohsin_S
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi TT1103,

Thanks for the update. With the active electronics involved in Bluetooth pairing, there can be a minimal amount of self-noise, which is normal.

If the noise you are experiencing is out of the ordinary, we encourage you to contact your local Bose service so that we can better assist you. Click here for contact information

Mohsin