Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 15, 2017

Poor materials quality

Hi guys,

I have a 2016 Bose QC35 set, great sound BUT after some usage (guess some 4-5 hours / day at least) the set looks like the below image, the ear covers are.... quite a problem. 

Did anyone else have the same issue? How did you solve it?

IMG_0320.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

May 17, 2017

Re: Poor materials quality

Author Accepted Answer selected by Scarlatescu

Hi   Scarlatescu

I had a similar issue with my headphones.

You are able to purchase cushions as spares from any Bose store.

What I was told was that our sweat and skin can be quite corrosive at times when it comes to cushions.

Essentailly 2 years of heavy usage will wear the cushions out faster than occasional use - I was using mine for 8 hours a day in a humid environment.

One can extend the life of their cushions by a) wipping them down and letting them breathe before putting them away and b) placing bags of silica gel help draw mositure away from the cushions keeping them fresher for longer.

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

May 17, 2017

Author Accepted Answer selected by Scarlatescu

Hi   Scarlatescu

I had a similar issue with my headphones.

You are able to purchase cushions as spares from any Bose store.

What I was told was that our sweat and skin can be quite corrosive at times when it comes to cushions.

Essentailly 2 years of heavy usage will wear the cushions out faster than occasional use - I was using mine for 8 hours a day in a humid environment.

One can extend the life of their cushions by a) wipping them down and letting them breathe before putting them away and b) placing bags of silica gel help draw mositure away from the cushions keeping them fresher for longer.

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 15, 2017

Indeed I've read the same. I will search for a replacement first of all, but still got me by surprise for such a premium product.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi Scarlatescu,

Thanks for reaching out. That is a great question! I would agree with what you learned from the Bose store. The good thing is the earpads on the QC35 are a replaceable item. I would contact your local Bose support for a replacement pair. Here is a link you can use. click on your country, scroll down to "Contact Us"

Have a great day!

Tony - Community Support