tlx811
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 24, 2018

Problem Connecting Bose QC35 II to Samsung TV

I just bought a Samsung QN65Q7FAMFXZA QLED 4K UHD TV. When I try to pair my Bose QC35 II headphones the TV does recogonize them, but when I click the pair button on ther screen I get a message that the pairing failed. The headphones are in the dicoverable mode awaiting to pair with a device. The Samsung rep I contacted said to be sure the Bose headphones are in the A2DP profile. If they aren't they will still show up in the list, but won't pair. I have no idea what's wrong or how to fix it. Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: Problem Connecting Bose QC35 II to Samsung TV

Hi there!

Welcome to the community and thanks for reaching out!  Let's try a couple troubleshooting steps on the headphones:

Reset

1. Turn the headset off and wait for 30 seconds.
  2. Plug the headset into a USB power supply via USB cord and wait 5 seconds. (Power supply needs to be plugged into the wall with power on).
  3. Unplug USB cord from headset and wait 1 minute.
  4. Turn on the headset and test if the headset works properly.

After you complete the reset let's clear the pairing list as well; just slide the power switch all the way to the right towards the Bluetooth symbol and hold it there for about 10 seconds, you should hear a voice prompt.  At this point delete the headphones from any device's paired lists then reattempt the connection.

Does this help?

I hope that you're having a great weekend,

Shiloh 

chrisgartshore
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 2, 2018

I had the exact same problem, I followed your instructions and this was a success. However, now when I try to connect my headphones to my iPhone, I am having the same problem as I originally had with my TV. Does this mean I have to reset my headphones every time I want to use them with my TV or my phone?

Hi there,

Thanks for getting back to me!  Happy to hear that it solved that issue.  That's interesting behavior from your phone.  I'd just like to clarify when you cleared the pairing list on the headphones for the TV, did you also delete the headphones from your iPhone's paired list and reestablish that connection completely?

I hope that you're enjoying your day!

Take care.

- Shiloh 

sarbashis
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 1, 2017

Hi,

I had the same problem with my QLED TV. The above suggestion of resetting the device works. Now I am able to pair with my QLED TV. Thank you

-Sarba

bbrooks230
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 29, 2018

This also worked for me, but now my phone is having the same problem "won't connect"

TV: samsung un49mu8000 

Phone: iPhone 6 Plus iOS 11.4.1

Any ideas or do I have to reset each time 😞

Hi bbrooks230,

Thanks for chiming in. I would try clearing the pairing list from the phone also and try repairing.

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support