Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jan 26, 2017

Problems in the Bose connect to pass songs pause/play in the QC35s.

Hello,

Since some weeks I notice that when I connect my QC35 in the Bose Connect app I can't pass songs and press play/pause buttons in the QC35 right earplug. Fortunately I can increase and dicrease the volume and change the ANC levels in the app. I just now updated the Bose Connect to 5.0 version but I still have this problem. 

Maybe the problem is the phone music player? I need to reinstall the app?

Thanks. 

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Re: Problems in the Bose connect to pass songs pause/play in the QC35s.

Hi bonjovi079519,

I'm sorry to hear about that issue!  I think we should start with a reset of the headphones, I have included the steps below for you:

1. Turn the headset off and wait for 30 seconds.
  2. Plug the headset into a USB power supply via USB cord and wait 5 seconds. (Power supply needs to be plugged into the wall with power on).
  3. Unplug USB cord from headset and wait 1 minute.
  4. Turn on the headset and test if the headset works properly.

Let me know if this helps?

Thanks,

Shiloh_C

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 17, 2017

I'm having the same problem but I've got QC35 IIs  with the google assistant.  The phone is a Galaxy Note 8.  I tried the above reset steps and nothing changed.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Hi mousecop90,

Thanks for joining the conversation, we're glad you're here.  I've attached some screenshots from the user manual for the QC 35 II that address setting up the Action button for Google Assistant, just in case you need them for reference.  Can you confirm that you've completed this setup? 

I'm glad that you've tried the reset - thank you for that information.  I would also suggest clearing the pairing list on the headphones and beginning with a fresh connection.  To clear the pairing list slide and hold the power switch to the right towards the Bluetooth symbol and hold there for 10 seconds or until you hear a voice prompt stating that the paired list is cleared.  At this point, you can delete the headphones from your Galaxy's paired list and reestablish the connection. 

If these steps do not help then as always customer support is available to you HERE.  Just select your country and scroll down to where you see "contact us".

Let me know how it goes?  I hope this helps.

Best,

Shiloh_C

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 17, 2017

So, long story short, that didn't help.  I have noticed something strange though.  I can triple-click the center button and it will restart the current track but a double-click won't advance a track.  It's like the headphones are only sending a triple-click and volume up and down.  Any ideas on that?  I might have to swap these for a different pair.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Hey mousecop90,

Thanks for following up!  That's really an interesting issue.  I'm thinking it's time to reach out to customer support here.   Select your country and scroll down to where you see "contact us".  I would recommend calling as opposed to emailing because sometimes we receive such a high volume of emails there can be a delay in response.  

Please feel free to come back and let me know how it goes!

Thanks,

Shiloh_C