Highlighted
chrisfb620@gmail.com
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 11, 2018

Problems with Find my Buds (SoundSport Free wireless headphones)

Hello,

I'm trying to use the Find My Buds option with my SoundSport Free wireless headphones and I've updated the firmware , app is most recent available in iTunes.  

When I select the Find My Buds, I get:

Whoops, Find my Buds Needs Your Location.

I can click Enable Location Services, but everything is already enabled based on the screen the iPhone X is showing me.

This all came from me trying to add the Bose buds in as a Tile to my Tile app (that pointed me to newer Firmware needed), but still no dice with Tile app either.  

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: Problems with Find my Buds (SoundSport Free wireless headphones)

Author Accepted Answer selected by Tony_G

Hi Chris,

Thanks for responding. Yes, now that we confirmed that you were able to get it to work properly the next step would be to remove the app and reinstall it. On the subject of Tile, Tile is not available for the SondSport Free, it's for the SoundSport wireless headphones.

Please come back and let us know.

Regards,

Tony G 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi Chris,

Thanks for posting. I am so sorry to hear about that. I would like to assist if I can. Would it be possible for you to try the headset on another mobile device for troubleshooting? I just wanted to see if the issue is consistent over multiple devices.

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Highlighted
chrisfb620@gmail.com
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 11, 2018

Hi, I tried it on my iPad Pro and got it to work.  Did have a few "Woops" screens, but just retried and got further and then all the way complete.  

Would the next step to be to remove the app from the iPhone X and then re-add it?  Or is there some other option to try?  

Didn't try to add to Tile (on iPad) as I didn't want to install that on the iPad, but if this is a key part, let me know and I can get a backup, try it, and then restore back.

Thanks,

Chris

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by Tony_G

Hi Chris,

Thanks for responding. Yes, now that we confirmed that you were able to get it to work properly the next step would be to remove the app and reinstall it. On the subject of Tile, Tile is not available for the SondSport Free, it's for the SoundSport wireless headphones.

Please come back and let us know.

Regards,

Tony G 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
chrisfb620@gmail.com
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 11, 2018

Thanks for the help with this, removing and readding seemed to do the trick.

Chris

Highlighted
Filipe Andrade
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 19, 2019

Oi,

Alguém poderia me ajudar com o problema apresentado no meu bose free soundsport?

Já venho usando por 6 meses e hoje ele apresentou um problema de não conectar ao meu iPhone X como também no Apple Watch. No entanto, o suporte apresenta carga suficiente e o mesmo apenas pisca a luz do fone do lado esquerdo e não conecta o bluetooth. 

No Brasil não consigo suporte da Bose e não consigo um canal direto de reclamação no site do própria fabricante.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Hello Filipe,

Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the Community.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with the Soundsport Free headphones, and would be happy to try and point you in the right direction.

I can confirm that there is a support team for your region, which you can get in touch with to assist you further!

You can reach them by going to the following link, selecting your country/region, and navigating to "Contact Us" at the bottom of the page.

Contact Us

I hope this helps!

Liam_W