dubber
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 24, 2019

Pronunciation

My partner's name is Michela (pronounced with a hard 'ch': a 'k' sound rather than a 'sh' sound).

When she uses her Bose QC35 II headphones, she gets told "Connecting to Mishella's iPhone" every time - and it's driving her nuts. Rather than having to spell her own name incorrectly on all her devices in order to trick the Bose headphones into better pronunciation, is there any way to teach the headphones how to say her name correctly?

4 REPLIES 4
grmedhat
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 7, 2019

Re: Pronunciation

It's just a headphone. Computers and even people who don't know me mispronounce my name too. Have her respell her name phonetically. That does it for me. 

dubber
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 24, 2019

Understand. It's just a headphone. But it's also a trainable AI system. The size of the box and where you put it on your body shouldn't really matter... 🙂

grmedhat
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 7, 2019

I dont' think a headphone needs to be very intelligent. You and I can't even train the small circle of friends we have to not sweat the small stuff. Cheers. 

joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

here's a 'giggle' for you.  I am wedding videographer.  Every time I use "Siri" on my iphone to dictate texts to my brides, when I say "ceremony", it will constantly come out as "Sara Moni".  I never understood that.