d_moncrieff
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 24, 2017

Q35 Bluetooth : sound and video not in sync

I have an issue when using my Q35 headphones connected with Bluetooth. When viewing a downloaded video on BBC iplayer, the video and sound are not in sync, when listening with the headphones. When I use a wired connection this issue is resolved. Any idea why is occurring with the Bluetooth connection. Playback is on a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition.

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Q35 Bluetooth : sound and video not in sync

d_moncrieff

Thanks for the post. Have you tried clearing the pairing list from both the QC35 and your phone and re pairing?

1. Turn the headset on
  2. Slide and hold the power switch to the right to the Bluetooth symbol for 10 seconds or until you hear "Bluetooth device list cleared"

The headset will revert to discoverable mode, allowing for the pairing of another Bluetooth device

Also, you would want to "forget" the headset on your phone and re pair it.

Let us know

Tony

d_moncrieff
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 24, 2017

Followed your instructions, issues still persist. Bluetooth video & audio out of sync, wired in sync.

d_Moncrieff,

Thanks for the update. Could we try rebooting the headset?

1. Turn the headset off and wait for 30 seconds.
  2. Plug the headset into a USB power supply via USB cord and wait 5 seconds. (Power supply needs to be plugged into the wall with power on).
  3. Unplug USB cord from headset and wait 1 minute.
  4. Turn on the headset and test if the headset works properly.

If you could give that a shot and come back and let us know

Tony

d_moncrieff
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 24, 2017

Did as requested  (have no idea what that was suppose to achieve ), however no difference when playing bbc iplayer.

Other streams appear to work ok. Audio & video still out of sync when playing iplayer.

Will revert to wired connection. 

Highlighted
d_moncrieff
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 24, 2017

I did post my answer, all replies failed to address the problem.

Will use wired connection.

Leod
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 24, 2017

It's a known issue with firmware version 1.2.9 and 1.2.10. It also occurs on 1.0.6 but not as pronounced so worth downgrading if you're not on that firmware version.

I posted this same issue a couple of months back. Bose have said they will resolve this in an upcoming firmware update, who knows when that will be though.

d_moncrieff
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 24, 2017

Updated to 1.2.10 just over a week ago, via the connect app on a tablet.

Where is the back firmware software located?

Leod
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 24, 2017

IfallHear
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 19, 2017

If your video file is MP4 or AVI you can try this MP4 repairing freeware to fix the sync issue of the video file:  (**MODERATOR EDIT EXTERNAL LINK REMOVED). I tired it once and it worked out well although there was a tiny video quality loss, i was not sure whether it was caused by the built-in video resizer. But anyway, this software is pretty convenient and easy for me because i don't usually use this kind of software.