QC-20 Broken Headphone Jack

Audible Advocate

QC-20 Broken Headphone Jack

Hi, 

Does anyone know if the headphone jack on the QC-20 noise cancelling headphones be fixed? It got bent while on an airplane. The noise cancelling and audio still works but the audio quality is not as good.

Any advice?

Thanks 

robrie297

45 REPLIES 45

Re: QC-20 Broken Headphone Jack

Hello robrie297. Thanks for reaching out for help with your headphones. To find the best solution to get you back up and running with your headphones, we would suggest contacting your local support HERE

Friendly Fanatic

Hi Robrie297

Did you manage to get your QC20's fixed? I have the same issue and it seems that it's a known issue at Bose as that's why they have redesigned the jack.

Bose UK refuse to fix or acknowledge that it's a warranty issue and offered to replace for £189 / $230.

I just wondered if you had a better resolution
Friendly Fanatic

Hi there, was there a solution to this? It is ludicrous to pay £189 for this to be fixed. I had the same issue

Hi jackp,

Thanks for posting. Sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your QC20. We want you to be able to enjoy them, so the best thing for you would be to contact your local Bose support. Here is a link you can use. Click on your country, scroll down to " Contact Us"

Please come back and update us

Tony

Audible Advocate

I have the same issue on 2 sets of QC 20s. Bent the first Jack on an aircraft. Thought it was me being clumsy, so bought a second set. Exactly the same thing happened. Contacted Bose and was told they don't repair them, but can replace them. Cost is exactly the same as buying a new pair. Very disappointing from Bose. I won't be buying any more

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic

Hi Evan,

Yes - this was my second pair too. Exactly the same thing happened to me on the plane, the jack got bent. It seems bonkers that they cannot repair, and instead you have to fork out for a new one. 

The fact that this post has had >1800 views makes me think this is a very common issue. I'm equally disappointed with Bose for their inability to resolve the solution, and they must be making a mint out of very annoyed customers having to re-purchase over something so basic. 

Perhaps the design quality is not good enough to withstand being on a plane! Or perhaps it is more of a customer service quality issue...

Jack

Friendly Fanatic

Hi Tony,

I spoke with the Bose support team, who weren't overly supportive, the only solution to a tiny issue was to repurchase a new set... can't Bose products be fixed instead?

Jack

Friendly Fanatic

Apparently the L Shaped Jack is a known issue hence Bose changing the design on all new headphones to a straight Jack. This was also acknowledged by Sean Garrett – VP Consumer Electronics Product Development @ Bose with various articles on this subject.

Apparently it is unhygienic to repair....

“We do not repair headphones due to design complexity and hygiene reasons, and instead we have a service where a replacement can be offered, if they are outside of their warranty, there would be a charge to this service. This would be a like for like pair of earphones at a price of £189.”

You could bring then to any decent HiFi repair shop or try a high quality short length TRRS ext cable, you should get your jack in but I wouldn’t try removing it.

As BOSE do not respect customer loyalty nor their publicised design flaws then it’s us the consumers that loose out. They try and be friendly on their community blog but unless we all rise up as a collective we will just continue to be mugged off by our local BOSE support

Friendly Fanatic

I am having the same problem and was surprised to hear that the only option is to get the replacement which according to me is an expensive option. If this is a design problem by Bose, shouldn't they be doing something to help the cause? Even if I get the replacement, it will still have the same design and the hence the same issue. 

I second @PaulMac and I think this issue demands an appropriate reply from Bose officials.