yk
Participant
Registered since

Feb 15, 2017

QC 20 / How to use built-in microphone of this headset in combination with Windows PC ?

Hello,

How to use built-in microphone of this headset QC 20 on Windows PC ? Microphone of this QC 20 is not going to be recognized. I am able to listen a music or conversation in QC 20 coming from laptop, but I can use only bult-in microphone of my laptop. In the Windows Control Panel -> Sound Tab no QC 20 microphone.

There also no QC 20 speakers, but anycase I listen a music in QC 20 coming from laptop. How about usage of microphone? Is it only available in combination of QC 20 with an iPhone?

In QC 20 manual I see following sentence: "Make sure the microphone is not blocked." What does it mean? My microphone on QC 20 is not covered by some film or something else.

How to proceed?

4 REPLIES 4
yk
Participant
Registered since

Feb 15, 2017

Re: QC 20 / How to use built-in microphone of this headset in combination with Windows PC ?

Additional information:

My laptop does not have a separate input for microphone. There no two separate inputs for audio, one for earphones/speakers and one for a microphone. I have only one appropriated audio connector on my laptop.

QC 20 is connected to this connector.

How to proceed with microphone usage?

ST - Hearphones
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Re: QC 20 / How to use built-in microphone of this headset in combination with Windows PC ?

Hi yk,

Please tell us the exact make and model of your Windows PC. What version of Windows are you running.

Thank,

ST

yk
Participant
Registered since

Feb 15, 2017

Hi,

Laptop Acer V5-573G  Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit, full update yesterday. As I realized now, when I connect QC 20 to my coonector on PC, I see connection window with the header "The current connected device is:"  Which device did you plug in? and 3 check buttons

Headphone

Speacker Out

Headset

I choose Headset and now sound is coming via QC 20. If I click on "Recording devices" in Windows control panel, I see

Microphone - Realtek High Definition Audio. Default Device.

In Playback section - Speakers - Realtek High Definition Audio. Default Device.

These both references in Windows 10 are misleading, because I expected to see QC 20 microphone and QC 20 Speakers.

Of cource QC 20 microphone is working in combination with laptop Acer V5-573G pretty fine. I realized, that these misleading reference does not mean, that QC 20 is not working properly. It means only, that this notification "Realtek High Definition Audio. Default Device." is wrong and showing laptop audio device, even in QC 20 is connected properly and working great in both funktionalities as speaker and microphone.

QC 20 microphone is tested now both with iPhone and with Windows laptop. It works as expected despite wrong Windows notification.

Thank you.

ST - Hearphones
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Hi yk,

Thank you for your clear description of the issue and how you solved your problem.

I am sure that your explanation will help someone else who has the same issue.

ST