Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: QC 20 Left Ear Stopped Working and I'm devastated

Hi atiekay

Thanks for posting. We want you to get back to enjoying your music.  I would recommend contacting your local Bose support using the link previously provided.

Tony

vakunuri
Participant
Registered since

Dec 11, 2017

Just got same problem with left ear of my QC20. Probably due to a loose connection where the wire splits. It was very good when it worked. Took it to the Bose store yesterday and they said it will cost me $189 to repair. This is a lot of $$$ considering i paid $300 already when i bought them. I am a huge fan of Bose products but definitely cannot buy anymore if it going to cost me so much for new or repairing.
rafarlsiqueira
Participant
Registered since

Dec 14, 2017

My right earphone is not working well when I turned on the noise cancelling. The soubd work but with noise just in this ear.
Shiloh_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Hey rafarlsiqueira!

Thanks for joining the conversation and I'm very sorry to hear that your headphones are giving you trouble!  I'd like to recommend reaching out to customer support here, just select your country and scroll down to where you see "contact us".  Support will be able to give you more information on your options moving forward.

Let me know how it goes?

I hope you have a wonderful day and enjoy your weekend!

Take care,

Shiloh_C 

nicksa100
Participant
Registered since

Dec 18, 2017

Same problem with the left earphone not working. There is a loose connection in the volume control and left earpiece works if you gently wiggle the cords around. I went to the local agent on South Africa and the only remedy appears to be replacing at an exhorbitant cost of ±ZAR3,800 as I can't produce the Munich airport purchase invoice from July 2016, hence still under European warranty. Love Bose products but this form of warranty isn't acceptable. Furthermore clearly there is an issue with the product based on the number of posts related to the topic.

Jackp59@gmail.com
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 24, 2017

QC20 left ear stopped working

I have had a second pair of QC20 headphones since 2017. Yesterday whilst using the headphones suddenly it stopped making a sound in the left ear. There is intermittent sound when I move the cable that enters the volume control/microphone unit. It is not an issue for other headphones and when connecting to different devices the same issue happens. Is there a solution other than buying a full new headphone unit?