Highlighted
cmrpires
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 20, 2018

QC 25 - Left ear stopped working. Bose support not helping

The left speaker of my Bose QC25s has just stopped working. If I tap the ear piece it tries to work but it then stops after a few seconds as if there's a loose wire inside. 

With a simple search on google I found lots of people with similar problems. It seems Bose is aware about this defect on this particular model and it's well documented. 

I called the support and they said Bose "doesn't do repairs because of the complexity of their products" and it's not worth it to go to a physical store as they won't be able to help.

The only option I was given was to pay almost full price to get a replacement (same model) which honestly I am quite disappointed, considering this is clearly a problem with this product. I was told I would have to pay £135 for a replacement instead of full price of £289. Everyone knows at the moment the QC25 are discounted and we easily get them new for less than £180 which means this is not a good deal at all paying £135 for 4 year old technology and considering this is a problem with this particular product. 

After sharing this on Bose facebook page, someone reached out to me asked me for all the details again and the only option they gave me was again to pay £135 to get a replacement! 

I travel a lot and at the moment my QC25s are unusable. Bose has recognized there was indeed a problem with the QC25s and should own the problem. I've always taken good care of the headphones and at this price point I would expect them to last much longer. This is really disappointing! 

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
SirJohn
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 20, 2018

Re: QC 25 - Left ear stopped working. Bose support not helping

Hi the right ear in my QC25 has just stopped working, how can I get some help?
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi everyone,

We appreciate you reaching out to the community. If you are having an issue with your QC25 I would suggest reaching out to your local Bose support for assistance. Here is a link you can use. Click on your country, kindly scroll down to "Contact Us".

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Highlighted
cmrpires
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 20, 2018

Hi Tony,

Not sure if you read my previous comment. I did contact support by phone and facebook and still trying other methods. I understand my headphones are out of warranty but at the the price I paid for them I would expect them to last longer and they broke because of a known defect. And £135 for the same model is barely 20% off the price we can get them new. And besides there's the risk of getting the same issue a few years later and have to pay again! It's just not acceptable... I could consider paying this amount for the QC35s assuming the design flaw has been fixed, but not for 4+ years old technology. 

Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hello BrianG1

Thank you for writing in!  I'm sorry to hear you're having troubles with the the headphones, but glad to help!

When the left ear works occasionally, does the noise reduction also drop out with the audio?

Have you tried cleaning the connector tips of the cable?

Let us know so we can further assist!

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Highlighted
susehr
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 6, 2018

It is really upsetting. I got exactly the same problem. After barely using my QC 25 headphones the left ear is now completely dead after three years. Support sent me a new set of cables which didn’t help. After browsing the internet it is pretty clear that Bose has a quality issue here and doesn’t act accordingly. For headphones in that price range I would have expected a different reaction! Very disappointing!

Highlighted
edprojack
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 4, 2018

I have the same exact issue. I only use these headphones at work and take wonderful care of them. The left ear is crackling on and off.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi edprojack,

We have answered your other post here.

QC 25 - Left ear stopped working. Bose support not helping

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Highlighted
ebagatim
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 9, 2018

Welcome to everyone who joined the club! My QC 25 had problems with right ear. Took it to service and, once it was in warranty period, they changed it. Now, the second one stopped working. AGAIN!!! But now, it is not under warranty anymore. The best they can offer is a 25% discount on a new headphone. I am so regretful to have bought these headphones at a first place. And, the worst: Bose really doesn’t care on what we think about their quality. This is a lesson about killing a brand.