vermo
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 5, 2019

QC-25 right ear failed - what were you proposed for replacement?

Hello,

So, my QA-25 right ear also died yesteday.  I looked on google and I am completely astounded to see the number of people having the same problem.  This truly seems systematic, I would be surprised to know about anyone having a QC-25 that doesn't have that problem.

So I contacted the local support this morning via e-email, and they responded me within 1h!  Obviously, with the standard response everyone has been given: "we replace then with a QC-35 for 155€".  I replied, then called them, but there's nothing to do.  

How is that even acceptable?  I paid my QC-25 300€ 3 years ago, now they are unusable, and I need to pay 155€ more?  In total, I would have paid then 455€ for QC-35, which are currently sold 320€ on Amazon. 

I really feel like being ripped off.  Question to the everyone to whom it happened: What were you proposed?  Did you accept?  Was it possible to discuss/negotiate?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: QC-25 right ear failed - what were you proposed for replacement?

Hi vermo,

We appreciate you reaching out to the community. We are sorry to hear about your experience so far. We understand it's frustrating when a product stops working properly. We don't repair headphones but would rather replace them with a new pair. Even beyond the warranty period, we try to provide service options that would involve a replacement at a discounted rate. For the available options for your situation, we would encourage you to work closely with your local support team for assistance. Here is a link you can use. Click on your country, scroll down until you see "Contact Us."

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Highlighted
vermo
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 5, 2019

Thanks for the answer Tony_G, even if this is just a copy/paste I've seen everywhere across the forum.

In my original message you can see that I already contacted customer support, and the point of my post is that the solution they proposed is unacceptable.

They are not offering me a discounted rate, since I would end up paying 455€ for a QC-35, that is currently sold 320€ on Amazon.

Best regards

Highlighted
Obiwun
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 13, 2019

Hi Vermo, 

Today I just purchased Sony 1000 XM3's because I was completely dissatisfied with the Bose support. I contacted Bose 3 times by phone and multiple emails, the best they could offer me was $189 (exact same price as Amazon AU) for a replacemnt set of QC25's, they wouldn't even entertain the idea of 'upgrading' me to QC35's. The level of care and policy is very inconsistent. It leaves a bad taste and they have lost a loyal customer. 

Good luck, I hope you can reach a better resolution than me. 

Highlighted
cwboustred
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 21, 2019

@Obiwan59 

Disappointing to hear you had to give up with Bose... I'm having the same problem with Bose AU. They appear to have no inclination to make right on their faulty product. I'm not really in a position to just give up and move on though... 

With the number of people having the same issue with the same product, it seems fraudulent and unjust that Bose can just carry on their merry way without being held accountable.

Highlighted
Obiwun
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 13, 2019

I agree cwboustred

It is dissapointing that Bose dont even offer a repair option. Especially as there are a few vendors on-line repairing the many faulty QC-25's for a very reasonable price. 30GBP I believe. 

For what it's worth, I am very happy with my Sony XM3's, the noise cancelling is superior to the Bose 25 and 35's in my opinion and the sound quality is more detailed and with better bass response. The app is great too. Bose should be on notice, they no longer have the best product and they certainly don't have the best customer service. 

Highlighted
abcurtis
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 10, 2019

My QC25’s left speaker had an issue, same terrible response from Bose, so I googled repairs and found companies that repair them.  I sent them my headphones, they repaired them, no drama.  Nice support, love 💕 them all for approx 30 GBP.  So for the sake of a 30gbp repair, Bose are completely happy to lose customers.  I will never buy Bose again, they are 1 of 2 companies I will never touch again.

Highlighted
Antilles
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 8, 2019

I'm working with customer service at the moment with the exact same problem and I'm getting the same "solution".
What really bothers me, is that Bose is relaying the message of being a high end brand and the prices certainly reflect that position. So having the product fail after 2-3 years of normal usage does certainly not reflect my understanding of high quality. My AKM studio Headphones have lived for almost 15 years. Still sounds great!

As consumers the only thing we can do is to abandon the companies that don't live up to our expectations. I don't think we will get anywhere with bose "support" and I'm left also looking for another brand now.
Highlighted
vermo
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 5, 2019

Hello,

So I finally got my replacement.  After many mails of dicussion, I came from:

- they wanted to replace my QC-25 with a QC-35 v1 for 155€

- after several back and forth, they replaced me with the QC-35 v2 for 100€

The 35 v1 is indeed not even commercialized anymore, so I didn't understand why I would be replaced with that. 

I still think I should have been replaced for free, as this is a clear product defect.  But I can't spend my life arguing with customer support, at some point I had to stop.

Now I try to use them on daily bbase, I won't make the same error with the old ones (which I didn't use much during 2 years, making the problem appear out of warranty).

Good luck!