Sapphire9
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 18, 2018

QC 25 (wired) sound cuts in and out with noise canceling turned on

Sound is fine until I turn noise canceling on and then, as the subject says, it cuts in and out (both sides) once I flip the switch.  This happens whether I'm connected to my desktop computer or my iphone.  

I'll have to dig up the receipt but I think I purchased the headphones about 8 months ago and they have not been used all that much.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Morlock
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: QC 25 (wired) sound cuts in and out with noise canceling turned on

Author Accepted Answer selected by Sapphire9

Hi,

I know this sounds silly, but have you checked the battery?  When the battery is low on power, it sometimes has just enough power to turn on, then goes off. Then on, then off.  Have a look at the power light on the power switch.  If that's going on/off then the battery is the likely issue even if it's a new battery (may be a dud).

3 REPLIES 3
Morlock
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by Sapphire9

Hi,

I know this sounds silly, but have you checked the battery?  When the battery is low on power, it sometimes has just enough power to turn on, then goes off. Then on, then off.  Have a look at the power light on the power switch.  If that's going on/off then the battery is the likely issue even if it's a new battery (may be a dud).

Sapphire9
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 18, 2018

I was thinking that it was happening with a fresh battery but the light is going off and on.  I'll try a new battery and see if that does it.  Thanks!

And to be clear, if I wasn't, it's the sound cutting out completely, not just the noise canceling turning off and on.

Highlighted
Sapphire9
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 18, 2018

Well, it turns out that my problem was indeed due to a dying battery (so far, so good).  Thanks for the suggestion.