Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 23, 2019

QC 30: In-line buttons not working after firmware update

I have updated my QC30s firmware to the current version.  Since the update the inline buttons as well as the power buttons no longer function.  I am unable to turn the device off or put it into pairing mode.  Touching an inline button gives a tone with no effect.

Anyone with this issue?  

Pairing with Samsung S10+, BoseConnect app is the current version.  Phones worked flawlessly last week before installing the new firmware. Charge is 100%.  I am able to connect to the phone a receive audio which must control with the phone.  I have tried updating successfully with BTU as well as a forced reboot once they powered down due to inactivity but the problem persists.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 23, 2019

Re: QC 30: In-line buttons not working after firmware update

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W
Hector,

Thanks for replying. After leaving the headphones powered down for a day the problem appears to have resolved itself and they are working appropriately. I will post again if the issue returns.

Thanks again!

Phil

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Hi Phil K, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am very sorry to hear that you are having this issue and would love to help you resolve this. 

Firstly, I would recommend that you attempt to connect the headphones to another device to see if the issue persists as well as attempting a different streaming app. 

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 23, 2019

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W
Hector,

Thanks for replying. After leaving the headphones powered down for a day the problem appears to have resolved itself and they are working appropriately. I will post again if the issue returns.

Thanks again!

Phil

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hi Phil, 

Thank you for updating us on the status of your issue. We are really glad to hear that you are up and running once more. 

If you have any other issues or queries, please come back to us again! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 23, 2019

****ISSUE RETURNED!!!****

The condition I originally posted about has returned intermittently!

Some spec items:

Samsung Galaxy S10+ with current firmware

Current version Bose Connect

Samsung Galaxy Watch running Samsung Health

I assumed there was a software conflict with the music controller on the watch in the Health app so I disabled the watch today while using the phones.  Approximatelty 35 min. in I got steady button press tones and the media volume went down to 0.  The inline buttons and power button failed to function.  When the inline buttons are pressed they either do nothing or cause the noise cancelling to diminish.  I cannot power the phones down or into pairing mode.  They will still connect with my S10+ when in this condition and I will hear media which must be controlled from the phone.  The music app is Google Play Music.  I used Spotify with no change.

As suggested I attempted to connect with another device (iPad mini), however, when in the failure condition the phones will not go into pairing mode and are only recognized by the S10+.

The headphones worked flawlessly with the S10+ and Samsung Health prior to the firmware update, even with the Watch connected and Health running. 

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Phil K.

Highlighted

Hi Phill K.,

Thank you for coming back to us.

I'm sorry to learn that your issue has returned. 

It looks as if you have tried everything we would recommend. The only additional thing I would add is to attempt to download the Firmware again from a computer to make sure the Firmware was updated correctly. To do this, click the LINK HERE and follow the onscreen instructions. 

Let me know how you get on! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O