Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 15, 2019

QC-30 ear cushions

The ear cushions/buds will not stay in place.  I am certain that I am using the correct technique to insert them.  I have tried all sizes that came with the headphones, and even purchased some aftermarket cushions (similar to Samsung buds) which have not worked.  This is a huge disatisfier... I have not had this issue with other earbuds, including those that came with my Samsung S7.  No matter what I try, the buds feel loose from the start, and gradually fall out...

Please help!  I love the device, otherwise, but, unless I am sitting still, they are unuseable. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: QC-30 ear cushions

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hi Lisbondad, 

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the community!

I'm sorry to hear that your experiencing issues with your earbuds falling out. I have included a link to our Youtube channel below which proves a great guide for how to fit the earphones using our specialized tips. 

https://bit.ly/1Td3o53

I would encourage you to try all 3 sizes, even if you have to wear different sizes in each ear. to gain a more comfortable and stable fit. 

Let me know how you get on!

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hi Lisbondad, 

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the community!

I'm sorry to hear that your experiencing issues with your earbuds falling out. I have included a link to our Youtube channel below which proves a great guide for how to fit the earphones using our specialized tips. 

https://bit.ly/1Td3o53

I would encourage you to try all 3 sizes, even if you have to wear different sizes in each ear. to gain a more comfortable and stable fit. 

Let me know how you get on!

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 15, 2019

Thanks for the quick response, Jessie...

Unfortunately, I have already tried all 3 sizes that came with my QC-30, as well as an aftermarket pair.  I had viewed another video several months before... but will note that the cushions shown in the video today are not the same as the ones on my earbuds, which are black, with a flaired cushion.   I am certain that I am using the correct technique to insert the buds.  It seems that none of the sizes that came with my QC-30 go deeply enough into the ear canal to seal correctly.  As I have noted, the problem has not occurred with any other earbuds I have used.

Highlighted

Hi Lisbondad,

Thank you for your reply.

I understand that the eartips on the video are different from your own. However, the technique is still the same which is why I thought it may be of benefit in your situation. I apologize if I didn't make this clear in my original post.

I'm sorry to hear that you are still experiencing issues with the fit of the tips. At Bose, we pride ourselves on producing products that will cater to as many people as possible. However, we understand that this may not be suited to an individual’s needs.

Unfortunately, there isn't anything else that I can advise for you. I'm sorry I couldn't be more helpful at this time.

If you have any further product questions or need further support please do not hesitate to reach out to us again.

Kindest,

Jessie O

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 15, 2019

That's it??? I have a set of exercise in-ear headphones that I can only use when I'm sitting still?

You said:

"At Bose we pride ourselves on producing products that will cater to as many people as possible.  However, we understand that this may not be suited to an individual's needs.

If you have any further product questions or need further support please do not hesitate to reach out to us again."

I own multiple Bose products, including a pair of QC-35's, and a soundbar.  I've never been disappointed, until now.

I purchased the QC-30 to allow me to enjoy music while physically active... and your response is, basically, "Too bad, no one can help you.  Enjoy your QC-30 while you sit still".  Way to stand behind a product that you must purchase on faith, as there is no way to "try on" a set of ear buds, and go out for a run to see what happens...

Frankly, this is the first time I have ever had problems with ear bud fit... and I have had many sets of ear buds.

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 7, 2019

@Lisbondad Yes that's it. If none of the tips fit you properly why don't you just return the headset? 

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 15, 2019

I bought them in July, 2017 at the Las Vegas outlet store.  Didn't really start trying to use them until Feb, 2019.  I have no receipt, and I have no idea how to begin to return them,or even if I can.  I don't even know how much I paid, other than well north of $200.