daniel_p
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 16, 2017

QC 30 microphone

Hi,

I purchased the QC 30 to use professionally, doing calls via Skype Meeting. However, whoever I do calls with, have complained a lot of noisy.

For me, it is comfort, I use the noise cancelling, but it is important to have quality for my customers.

Isn´t it possible to configure the noise cancelling for microphone too, or reduce the wheezing for those who hear to me?

7 REPLIES 7

Re: QC 30 microphone

Daniel_p

Noise cancellation refers to filtering out ambient sounds that's coming into your headset using active noise control. The level of noise control is adjustable using the Bose connect app, however, the sensitivity of the microphone for speaking is not. Any voice adjustments would have to be made from the source device (if possible).

So to be clear, If you're in a conversation with someone your headset will filter out the noise in the room that you are in so you hear only the conversation. However, it has no affect on the microphone for the sound going out to the other person.

Hope this helps

Tony

This was addressed in another post HERE.

Community Manager

Hi daniel_p,

I do a lot my work using Skype. I had high hopes for the QC30 for my Skype meetings. I had been using the QC25 (Noise cancelling, wired headphones) for Skype and they were great. It turns out that the Bluetooth profiles that support a microphone are very lo-fidelity. They were designed for telephony and they have low quality for the microphone and the headphones. Here's a link to an article that goes over the basics:
Wireless fidelity: making sense of Bluetooth headphone technolo...

For me, the solution is to use the built-in array microphones on my computer (Microsoft Surface Book) and use the QC30 for what I hear. You can set that up in the audio setting in Skype. This works fine.

If you've got a decent microphone for your computer, you should get good results too.

I hope that helps.

ST

Eagle
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 10, 2017

QC 30 microphone Issues

I received the QuietControl 30 headphones recently, but the microphone is not suitable for calls with people on the other end.
The callers complain that they cannot hear me clearly, or that the sound of what I am saying drops out.
It appears that the microphone is a persistent problem with the QC30s, having been reported on Reddit and other websites. https://www.reddit.com/r/bose/comments/577toc/quietcontrol_30_qc30_megathread/#bottom-comments
Bose:  Please recall and fix the QC30s.
Thanks

Socrates
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Dec 24, 2016

Option #1...  Return it to the retailer NOW.  Get a cash refund and repurchase a new unit so that the retailer's return policy starts from scratch.  If the new unit has the same problem, take it back again and purchase a different product.

Option #2...  Follow the advice on this forum until the retailer will no longer accept a return.  Then ship it to Bose for a repair.  Wait six weeks (like I did for a Wave system) to get your QC35 back.  Confirm that the problem is still present.

daniel_p
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 16, 2017

Dear Socrates

I have noticed Microsoft has certified headsets for skype for business.

However, I also noticed, some microphones you may at windows reduce the sensibility at the sound. I cannot configure it in my microphone at my QC 30.

Can I request an enhancement request for next firmware to enhance the software from microphone for skype for business?

The phones are really cool, and the design is perfect for offices (small, elegant, noisy reduction and it has microphone for calls).

There is space for improvement. We could have in the next firmware, something for external noise reduction, like the sensibility of the microphone.

Regards,

Daniel

Hesham
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 13, 2017

Re: QC 30 microphone Issues

I was surprised from the great quality of noise cancellation of Bose QC 30.but un fortunately iam completely disappointed from the low quality i found with the microphone. The sound reaching reaching to the other caller completely noisy.
I can't imagine such quality come from Bose corporation. Please find some how to fix it.i paid 1200 AED to get professional head phone.
Highlighted
bartdeboer
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 23, 2017

Re: QC 30 microphone Issues

Same here - I've had complaints from others WRT being able to hear me properly when using this headset for phone calls (even when I am in quiet areas) - and just now tried to record myself (note to self) using this headset, and the result is absolutely unacceptable. This headset should NOT be advertised as having microphone capabilities the way it is now. I even tried keeping the right earpiece nearer to my mouth, but that just resulted in louder garbage, not in usable sound.

I'm seriously considering sending my headset in for a refund - time to try Sony's new Noise Cancelling range of products, perhaps, if this issue isn't more seriously addressed by Bose that what I read in this thread.