Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 11, 2019

QC 30 noise canceling worse after 2.7.6 firmware

I upgraded to 2.7.6 this morning and the noise canceling is much weaker than before. It cannot block the environment noise in subway or cafe any more. Anyone knows how to roll back or fix this issue?  Thanks a lot!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: QC 30 noise canceling worse after 2.7.6 firmware

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hi Gospursgo,

To confirm, have you attempted the troubleshooting suggestions outlined above by Hector B? 

I'd love to suggest some additional troubleshooting suggestions on the back of this. Firstly, be sure the correct sized ear tips are being used to ensure a proper, secure fit. If a too-small or too-large ear tip is used, the earbuds will not fit properly in the ear, which affects the audio quality and noise cancellation. Be sure the best-fitting ear tips are used. Additionally, be sure the ear tips and headphone openings are clean and free of debris. Check for blockages in the tips, headphone mesh grille, and headphone opening. Excessive debris can result in low audio, poor sound quality or missing audio channels. If debris is noticeable a deep clean is recommended.

Firmware version 2.7.6 was released on the 31st October 2018, which included general bug fixes and improvements, with no impact to noise cancellation. We do not currently support downgrading the firmware of our products. Additional information on our reasoning why for this, can be found on the thread HERE.

Should the issue persist following troubleshooting, your QuietControl 30 headphones may have developed a defect and require service. To explore service options, please visit our Global website HERE, select your region and use the "Contact Us" feature as product service for repairs and exchanges cannot be accommodated via the Community Forums at this time.

If you have any additional questions or queries, please reach out again and we'd be happy to help.

Kindest,

Andy B

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Hi Gospursgo,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community. I am very sorry to hear that you are having this issue, however I would love to help you resolve this. 

Have you attempted to adjust the noise canceling volume in the app as well as on the inline remote? 

I would also recommend a product reset. This can be done via: 

1. Turn the headset off and wait for at least 30 seconds.

2. Plug the headset into a USB power supply via the USB cord and wait at least 5 seconds.

3. Unplug USB cord from the headset and wait at least 1 minute. Turn on the headset and test if the headset works properly.

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Feb 3, 2017

@gospursgo do you have any crackling noises?  https://community.bose.com/t5/Headphones-Archive/2-7-6-firmware-update-broke-my-QC30/m-p/172377/high...

*** Please Note: I do not work for Bose; please don't private message me your support questions!
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 11, 2019

There was no cracking sound. Thanks.
Highlighted
Community Manager

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hi Gospursgo,

To confirm, have you attempted the troubleshooting suggestions outlined above by Hector B? 

I'd love to suggest some additional troubleshooting suggestions on the back of this. Firstly, be sure the correct sized ear tips are being used to ensure a proper, secure fit. If a too-small or too-large ear tip is used, the earbuds will not fit properly in the ear, which affects the audio quality and noise cancellation. Be sure the best-fitting ear tips are used. Additionally, be sure the ear tips and headphone openings are clean and free of debris. Check for blockages in the tips, headphone mesh grille, and headphone opening. Excessive debris can result in low audio, poor sound quality or missing audio channels. If debris is noticeable a deep clean is recommended.

Firmware version 2.7.6 was released on the 31st October 2018, which included general bug fixes and improvements, with no impact to noise cancellation. We do not currently support downgrading the firmware of our products. Additional information on our reasoning why for this, can be found on the thread HERE.

Should the issue persist following troubleshooting, your QuietControl 30 headphones may have developed a defect and require service. To explore service options, please visit our Global website HERE, select your region and use the "Contact Us" feature as product service for repairs and exchanges cannot be accommodated via the Community Forums at this time.

If you have any additional questions or queries, please reach out again and we'd be happy to help.

Kindest,

Andy B

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 11, 2019

Thank you for the reply. I did attempted reset several times and the noise cancellation did not improve. 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 11, 2019

Hi Andy,

The earbud was never changed or broken. I updated 2.7.6 and it was a sudden change that noise cancellation was cut at least 50% in the same cafe environment. I strongly suggest Bose could consider re-open the option for downgrading back to the previous firmware. The firmware was not intended to change noise cancellation, but it does not mean the noise cancellation qualify could not change. I need good qualify noise cancellation, and all other addtional functions are secondary for me. Is there a chance that Bose will fix this in the next updated firmware? Thanks.

-Gospursgo