Contributor
Registered since

Jul 31, 2017

Re: QC 35 - Cannot pair with Bose Connect App / not recognized by Bluetooth Device Updater

I bought them from a retailer on eBay Germany. The thing is, there a couple of points which indicate already on the box that they are fake (there are videos on that on Youtube) - I double-checked this before I bought them and the box seemed to be 100% legit. Again, I even took the headphones into a BOSE store and they didn't say anything, so this is a big bummer for me now.

Were you successful with your refund and did the pairing with the Connect App worked out of the box with your "new" QC 35?

Contributor
Registered since

Aug 30, 2017

Re: QC 35 - Cannot pair with Bose Connect App / not recognized by Bluetooth Device Updater

Yeah I got my refund 100% today. My retail headphones paired right away with no issue. Also the retail headphones sound 100% better than the knockoffs.
Participant
Registered since

Nov 7, 2017

Just wanted to thank you guys for this thread. I bought mine on eBay, too, and they exhibit all the same behavior. The serial number is invalid, too. Now to pursue this on eBay . . .

Mike

Contributor
Registered since

Jul 31, 2017

Hi @mkaisertx,

glad this thread helped. As you could see from all the different devices I tried with pairing, it was just super frustrating. I never thought that the issue might be the headphones being fake, especially since I went into a Bose store and have them checked in person. If Bose themselves couldn't figure out that they were fake, how should the consumer do?

Ultimately, I also claimed the QC35 with the eBay dealer, got a refund and purchased them new from Amazon directly. Those ones paired out of the box with the Bose Connect app, Firmware update worked just fine and the serial number was accepted on the Bose website too. Smiley Happy

Contributor
Registered since

Jan 22, 2018

I have the same issue here. Thing is I bought my QC35 in June and everything was connecting fine. I could see my serial number and adjust the sensitivity of noise suppression. Then I guess it updated sometime between now and June and today January 22, 2018 I CAN NOT CONNECT TO THE APP!!! 

I believe it is the Bose Connect issue, not headphones or your device. Because when I follow all steps my headphones connect to the phone via the app but on the app itself it says "I cant see the device".

So BOSE PLEASE FIX THE ISSUE ASAP.

P.S. FOr those regarding fakes, I bought mine at a local shopping mall.

Contributor
Registered since

Jan 22, 2018

Hey Jimmy, so when you go to the website to update your headphone does it go through or you stuck on the page?

Because my headphones are real and I know that, because I bought it from local shopping mall here and first half a year it was connecting to the app totally fine. I could see the serial number etc. Also when it's connected it says "Connected to BOSE QC35" on my cell phone so I am not sure about that 100% battery thing.

I already had QC15, QC25 and I knew about fakes. This is my second QC35 black one, first I bought from local advertisement silver one and I knew how to check for authenticity.

First things  I opened the Bose Connect and checked if it recognized, it worked fine and I also could see the serial number.

Did you go further from the first "update page"?

Because if it won't update your headphones then its counterfeit for sure! I know your pain, once I bought a Note 4, one to one never even heard of that before and we realized two weeks later it was fake. My wife had genuine so pen from her phone didn't fit the new one. So we drove to the store and found there new Note 4 was fake. Seriously box, papers, cables and phones itself was identical to the genuine. So, we live, we learn. 

Bose Updater 5.jpgBose Updater 4.jpg

Contributor
Registered since

Jan 22, 2018

Yes, I am 100% sure now that is is BOSE Connect issue! I have done all steps and updated my headphones through the update up. My phone is recognising the headphones thought the Bose Connect app, but the app itself doesn't write connected there. I swipe from up to down on Bose Connect up then it's connecting to my headphones but then it shows again on the app "not connected" when it's already working. 100% bose connect app issue.

Contributor
Registered since

Jan 22, 2018

This is how it should look when you update your headphones and it's genuine.

Bose Updated.jpg

Participant
Registered since

Apr 4, 2018

Hi,
The solution is as follows having had all the symptoms Fabian reported.
1. Switch off Headphones
2. Restart Device after downloading Bose App
3. Open App

You would be auto connected and prompted for Region.
Firmware will start to update fingers crossed.!!! Bought my Bose AE2 Soundlink from Peter Tyson.

Also when Bluetooth is on. Prompt voice refers to Paired device and then battery status.