Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BoomsShakalaka
Participant
Registered since

Mar 6, 2020

QC 35-I Connection drop off after removing from ears

QC35-Series 1 running on firmware 3.0.3 

My Qc35 was all along running fine but recently it started weird behaviour and i am not sure if this is caused by the firmware. 

It was paired to iOS devices and playing song, once i remove it from my ears the connection drops. It was kind of simulating the effect of 'ear detection' where it pauses music when off the ears but instead the connection totally drop and i have to pair it again by sliding the button. Is annoying that it doesn't pair it back again automatically. 

Anyone encounter the similar issue or knowing any way to fix this? 

5 REPLIES 5
Hector_B

Re: QC 35-I Connection drop off after removing from ears

Hello BoomsShakalaka, 

Thank you for posting and reaching out to the community today! Sorry to read that you are experiencing a very strange Bluetooth issue with your QC35's, I would love to assist you with this. 

To start with, can you please let us know what troubleshooting you have attempted so far? If you haven't performed anything yet a great first step would be to perform a standard reset, this can be done by following these steps below: 

• Power off your product
  • Wait 30 seconds
  • Connect your product to a wall outlet using a USB charger
  • Wait five seconds
  • Disconnect the USB cable from the headset
  • Wait one minute
  • Power on your product.

I look forward to hearing back from you with the result of the reset. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
BoomsShakalaka
Participant
Registered since

Mar 6, 2020

No luck here. I guess is something to do with the hardware then. Sadly, i guess is time to get a new pair. 

Hector_B

Sorry to hear this @BoomsShakalaka

Let's also try testing the connection with another device to see if the same issue persists. 

I would also recommend clearing the headsets Bluetooth pairing list by following these steps below: 

• Power on your headset
  • Slide the Power switch to the Bluetooth icon and hold it for 10 seconds until you hear the Bluetooth device list cleared.

Once this is done please forget the connection from your devices Bluetooth pairing list, then test the connection again to see if the same issue persists. 

We look forward to hearing back from you with the result of this! 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
BoomsShakalaka
Participant
Registered since

Mar 6, 2020

Tried that.. still have the same issue. 

Keith_L
Community Manager

Hi BoomsShakalaka,

I'm sorry to hear you are still having this issue!

As the troubleshooting you have tried so far has not done the trick this time, I would recommend getting in touch with your local support team, as they will be able to help you resolve this issue. You can find the contact information at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

Let us know how you get on.