MLam
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 20, 2018

QC 35-I is Turning On By Itself

I own a QC 35-I and it keeps turning on by itself even when the button on the headphone is turn off. How can I fix it and solve this problem??? Thank you for answer my question

2 REPLIES 2
Basjo21
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 21, 2018

Re: QC 35-I is Turning On By Itself

Yes, having the same issue and got the same canned customer service response. Just buy a new pair they say, I promise the new and improved version will not be defective they say.  Lol, if I’m going to have to spend hundreds of dollars to replace year old headphones it certainly won’t be made by Bose. An obvious defective part in a product I’ve used very lightly that is happening to many other people and Bose simply treats it as a good way to get people to upgrade. Never again will I own another Bose product. 

Highlighted
jmooney
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 2, 2018

Re: QC 35-I is Turning On By Itself

I had the same problem with mine... TWICE!  My first replacement was under warranty. This second time around, I was outside my warranty window, and they wanted me to pay 130$ plus tax for another pair (QC35 II). It seems rather silly to pay 142$ when it's cleary a known issue AND defective.  At this point I'm concerned that the QC35 II will do the same thing, so I think I will look for another brand at this point.

The latest customer service representative had no desire to help me, and gave some scripted speech about how the problem was resolved in the QC35 II's despite confirming that the power switch is exactly the same.

It's a shame- I love my headphones, however, I cannot rationalize spending more money for something that should already be working.  Horrible customer service experience.