Highlighted
atlaidumas
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 2, 2019

QC 35 I keeps deleting paired devices list

My headphones are just over 1 year old, and for the last month they keep losing connection as the list of paired devices gets randomly deleted. I hadn't updates the firmware for quite a while so I updated both my iPhone and my headphones firmware, but the problem is still there. I have difficulties connecting the headphones to the phone, and can only listen to music for 30 secs before I lose connection.

Weirdly enough the connection holds if my phone is on airplane mode (once the pairing is done). Bose salesman just told me to buy a new pair since they had an incredible offer on that day: only £250!! Any idea?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: QC 35 I keeps deleting paired devices list

Hey Atlaidumas,

Thanks for reaching out to the community. Sorry for the trouble you're experiencing. 

Can you verify the firmware version of your headphones by visiting btu.bose.com? You will require the USB cable. 

Please also try resetting the headset:

1. Turn the headset off and wait for 30 seconds.
  2. Plug the headset into a USB power supply via USB cord and wait 5 seconds. (Power supply needs to be plugged into the wall with power on).
  3. Unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute.
  4. Turn on the headset and test if the headset works properly.

You mentioned that it is clearing the paired device list? For clarification, you're having to keep re-adding your phone to the headphones when pairing? 

Can you please also test the headphones with another mobile device if that is possible? 

Thank you for the information!

Mohsin - Community Support

atlaidumas
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 2, 2019

Hey Mohsin,

The firmware is the latest available for my headphones, I sync'd it again 2 days ago, and kept updating it throughout December but it didn't solve my problem.

Yes, the headphones keep clearing the paired device list, and I need to pair again the headphones and the phone on my phone.

Hey atlaidumas,

Thanks for the update and for trying the troubleshooting steps. The Bluetooth paired device list clearing on its own is not normal behavior. Unfortunately, it seems that this is beyond troubleshooting and we recommend that you please contact our service team in your region to discuss your available service options. 

Contact information can be found here.

Thank you and please let us how everything works out for you. 

Mohsin