Highlighted
troyalex
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 7, 2019

Re: QC 35 II Awful Audio Whilst Wired

hey! I recently discovered this same EXACT problem using the stock wired cable. Except it was in the comfort of my own room! the headphones wont wire to my laptop without sounding absolutely terrible!! which is very disappointing considering i spent over $350 on them! the bluetooth connects to my macbook just fine- and sounds stellar, however when monitoring audio from a microphone in Ableton Live 10, there is a second of lag, rendering me one option; to use the wire! but that sounds terrible.... im a a bit of a dilemma. any help would be great!!
Highlighted

Hello troyalex,

Thank you for your comment and welcome to the community.

I am very sorry to hear you're having this issue, but I would love to assist you with this. 

Regarding your 1 second lag with Bluetooth whilst watching video, I would like to inform you that a slight delay when using Bluetooth to watch video is normal,  This would account for internal processing in the source as well as the processing being used by the headset.

Some people have resolved this through a product reset. Instruction on how to do this can be found below.

1. Turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds
  2. Plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds
  3. Unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute
  4. Turn on the headset

Regarding the cable issue, have you ensured that the cable is fully inserted into the headphones? Also I would recommend trying another audio cable to see if your original cable is causing connection issues. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Kiwi Jen
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 1, 2019

Flight back from Australia to NZ with airnz yesterday, still had the same issue, however quite by accident I pulled the plug out of the jack on the monitor I heard talking. 
So didnt need the adaptor, just didnt need to push the plug all the way in to get sound

so maybe an issue with the design of the headphones cable?

Highlighted
Chez Provence
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 30, 2019

We are in France, so it will be awhile before we can test an airline plug again.

The cable works OK on my iMac. I had not noticed a big end and small end, but it is unlikely to have reversed it since the big end does not fit into the headset.

The "Battery 100%" message is a sure sign that I had turned the Bluetooth switch ON. The headsets work nicely with a cable even when that switch is OFF. My previous Bose headset had an ON switch. Is ON necessary for Noise Canceling or do the new headsets gain power through the cable, not the battery ... or does inserting a cable turn the power ON?

I will fly with a converter from Big to Small end ... and I will bring an extra cable in case not all BIGs are the same.

Thanks