Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 2, 2018

QC 35 II Hissing in Left Ear

Hello,

I got my Bose QuiteComfort 35 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones a day ago and I have noticed that when I have ANC mode activated (High or Low) that randomly it, usually around 1 hour of use that the left earphone starts to hiss pretty bad. I have tried doing the reboot method as recommended by the moderators but it does not work half the time. I work in an enviroment that I am surrounded by droning machines so I really would like to use ANC but cannot becaue the hissing makes it worse than not even wearing them in the first place. I also checked to see if my ear pads where fully secured and as expected they are so I am out of ideas on how to fix it.

So if anyone has any methods to remedy this I would love to hear them.

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: QC 35 II Hissing in Left Ear

Hi IAguilera6545,

Thanks for reaching out to us, and sorry to hear about the difficulty you're having. We see that you've done some troubleshooting already, we just wanted to gather some more information. 

Can you tell us if this occurs when using the audio cable? 

Also, can you verify if this happens with all your devices? Does it happen only when streaming any kind of audio? 

Please let us know when you get the chance.

Thank you again,

Mohsin - Community Support

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 2, 2018

Hello Mohsin_S,

This issue does still occur when using the audio cable and this has happened with all my devices which are my Amazon Fire HD 8 Tablet and Fire Stick 4k, Samsung Galaxy S6, and my Xbox One S (via audio cable). The hissing starts on it's own with no audio being streamed and it can still be hlaying audio but it can drowned out if playing audio on a high volume. I even did a test without even playing anything and it eventually started. It was slowly getting louder within 30 second period then it stops but then after a few minutes it gets even louder and louder.

Thank you

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi IAguilera6545,

Thanks for responding. Based on what you are saying, I would recommend contacting your local support team for assistance. Here is a link you can use. Click on your country, scroll down until you see "Contact Us."

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 2, 2018

Just an update and conclusion

I went to a Bose store and they offered to replace mine with a new pair and they work well until my bose app requested to update my firmware on my headphones and the hiss returned immedialty after updating. I have decided to return my QC 35 II and to go with Sony's equivalent model of headphones. I am extremely disapointed but I am grateful that support was willing to help but still disappointed in the quality of the ANC in the QC 35 II.

Thank you

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 12, 2018

I have this problem as well, the issues are the same as described by IAguilera above. I recently replaced my old pair of QC35II a few days ago because they had the weird clicking noise in the left earcup, and now this new pair has a noticeable hiss in the same. A little disappointed in the quality of these headphones, especially since these are my favorites, but I don't really want to switch to the Sony's either. Is this a software problem like IAguilera's post suggests, or do I have to go back to the Bose store to replace this pair again?

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi @SilverSoul,

Thanks for writing in, and we're sorry to hear about the issues you're having with your headphones. If you've tried the troubleshooting steps provided earlier and the problem persists, then we recommend that you try to follow back up with the place of purchase for replacement options. 

Let us know if there is anything else we can help you with. 

Thank you again,

Mohsin

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 14, 2018

Same problem here... After updating firmware to 3.1.18 the left side has developed a noticeable hissing sound...
How can I revert back to a previous firmware version?
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi Casper,

Thanks for posting. I am sorry to hear about the trouble you are having with your headphones. In regards to downgrading, we encourage you to check out this post:

Upcoming Changes to the Bluetooth Updater Website

Which says

"the site will no longer support the capability of downgrading to a previous version of Firmware"

As always, if you feel like your headphones are not working properly we would encourage you to work with your local Bose support for a resolution. Here is a link you can use. Click on your country, scroll down until you see "Contact Us."

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support