QC 35 II - Major stutter issues

Highlighted
Audible Advocate

QC 35 II - Major stutter issues

I just bought the QC 35 II, and it stutters constantly when connected to my desktop. Stutter is roughly 1-5 seconds, and sometimes just constant - it makes audio bluetooth impossible. I then connected to my android phone, no issues; then to my laptop - no issues. Both my desktop and laptop are running the same Windows 10 OS. Also, i have a UE Boom I used to test the desktop bluetooth is working correctly - no issues.

I tried reinstalling BT drivers, I even reinstalled Windows 10, and updated Bose software to version 2.1.3 - still stutters. What the hell?! I will be returning these if this does not get resolved.

54 REPLIES

Re: QC 35 II - Major stutter issues

Hi rjc90,

Thanks for posting. Sorry to hear about the issue pairing with your computer.  The QC35 II is a great headset and you should be enjoying it.  You mention that it works fine with both your laptop and Android phone. That would point to a possible issue with the Bluetooth adapter on your desktop.

You mention that you " reinstalled" the Bluetooth drivers, but could you confirm that they are updated as well? I was curious if maybe you were reinstalling the drivers from an image that might not have all the hardware updates.

Please come back and let us know

Tony

Audible Advocate

Bluetooth drivers are up to date - right clicked in device manager and clicked update to make sure. Then downloaded the BT driver off Intel to confirm - which told me it was already installed. Again, I have UE Boom 2 bluetooth speaker which works with no stuttering at all.

How can I test my Bluetooth adapter? My motherboard is a Gigabyte Phoenix b150 wifi.

rjc90

Thanks for responding.  Have you checked out the support page for your motherboard? 

GA-B150N Phoenix-WIFI  (rev. 1.0)

If you could give that a try and let us know if you find anything helpful.

Tony

Audible Advocate

Hi, yes I have tried reinstalling audio and BT drivers. I reinstalled windows, got the Bose updater - nothing worked. I have been talking to Bose support as well, nobody knew why I was having issues. I ended up returning them and swapping out for Sony MDR 1000x - which have no problems. Thanks for trying to help anyway.

Audible Advocate

Dear Moderator. The issues are not due to  Bluetooth on his desktop PC but Bose itself. Your headphones are fataly flawed! I have pointed out numerous times as I had version 1. I even wrote how they can reproduce the stuttering issues (which many people verified), but obviously Bose is little too busy selling the crap instead of pushing their r&d engineers to reproduce error and fix them for the next itteration.

I will repeat again:

Right ear cup holds antenna so, stuttering problem is either:

a) small antenna

b) crappy bt chip

Speaking of BT chip, why Bose never reveal who is the vendor for that, so people can check themselves how good "quality" of the phones are, instead they don't even mark on their boxes which bt is supported...

Silent Starter

I am having same issue with my Bose QC II that I bought 2 weeks ago when I try to use it with Macbook laptop.  After seeing this thread and lack of response from Bose, I am now thinking of returingn my QC II also and go for Sony 1000x m2.  

Bose support any thoughts on fixing issue?  

I use couple of headphones with my laptop using bluetooth.  One is a $20 headphone and the other $350 QC II Bose wireless.  While the $20 headphone works fine, the bose one keeps stuttering and has issues with clear audio from my macbook laptop.

Hi folks!

Thank you all for posting in the community and I'm very sorry about the trouble that the QC 35 headphones have been giving you all. I see that you've all done some troubleshooting which is great.  I'd like to offer some TS steps as well, I know it seems basic but I'd just like to make sure that I'm covering all the bases for you.  Let's start by performing a reset of the headphones:

1. Turn the headset off and wait for 30 seconds.
  2. Plug the headset into a USB power supply via USB cord and wait 5 seconds. (Power supply needs to be plugged into the wall with power on).
  3. Unplug USB cord from headset and wait 1 minute.
  4. Turn on the headset and test if the headset works properly.

After you complete the reset let's clear the pairing list on the headphones as well.  To clear the list just slide the power switch all the way to the right towards the Bluetooth symbol and hold it there until you get a voice prompt, this should take about 10 seconds.  At this point make sure to delete the headphones from your device's paired lists then reestablish the connection, give it a test.

I'd also just like to verify a couple things: could everyone make sure that their headphones are up to date?  I know Tony referenced this above as well but if you could all just ensure that your computers have the most up to date Bluetooth drivers that will help as well.  

Thanks again and I look forward to your responses!

Have a great day,

Shiloh_C 

Audible Advocate

Interesting that it's happening on a mac. If it's any consolation, I also rang them up, after trying some solutions nothing worked. Told them I was returning it and they said fair enough. Kind of ridiculous this is an 'unsolvable' problem on such a high-end headset. What else can you do but vote with your wallet.

Quiet Contributor

I just received my custom QC35 II and have a major sound distortion issue with them when using bluetooth with my Sony receiver (STR-DN1070).  This is actually my 2nd pair and the first pair worked fine with the same receiver.  Here's some details:

1. Works without issues with iPhone 6s
  2. Works without issues with an old iPad
  3. Works without issues with Galaxy 5s
  4. Does NOT work with Sony receiver (STR-DN1070) ... note distance is less than 10 feet
  5. Tested my Jambox with the Sony receiver and it works without issues (same distance)
  6. Tested a Bose portable soundlink speaker with the Sony receiver and it works without issues (same distance)
  7. I've done a complete reset of the receiver (just in case)
  8. I've confirmed the receiver is up to date with the latest firmware
  9. I updated the QC 35 II using the BoseUpdateInstaller_2.1.0.1551.6380.exe
  10. I've followed the procedures mentioned to reset the headphones (turn off & wait 30 sec, plug in for 5 sec, wait 1 min, reset pairings, retried)

Conclusion: this is a defective QC 35 II.  Basing this on facts that another QC 35 II worked with the receiver and all other bluetooth devices work with the receiver.  Tried going by a Bose store today to see if they could test it, but they said they don't have anything to test it.  I still want this, but want one that works, so I need to get it repaired or replaced.