Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tobimk
Contributor
Registered since

May 12, 2019

QC 35 II Problems with Noise cancellation, microphone and sound delay

Ive purchased the QC 35II just a few days ago and have yet found a way to make everything work as expected at once.

Im using it on a windows 7 OS with bluetooth.

In the beginning I thought there was a white noise problem, so I updated the firmware to 4.3.something. The white noise problem was gone but I couldnt use the microphone anymore (windows just didnt find it anymore and when I took it off the bluetooth list and reconnected it , it said 'microphone cant be used' after it showed the dialouge that the headphones were connected now).

I looked for some fix and found a post here that said connecting them via USB and resetting the bluetooth list could work , so I did that . Well, it worked for the microphone but now I have the white noise problem again - turns out tho , it's more of a noice cancellation problem - as soon as the headphones get any audio input , the noice cancellation seems to just stop (and I can clearly here the AC/Air cleaner sounds that Im trying to block out using the headset ). When I turn off audio the noise cancellation will work again and I can hardly hear anything from my enviroment anymore.

Also , there is a considerable audio lag (3-10 seconds !) from time to time. It was there when I first set up the bluetooth connection to my PC and reappeared when I tried to fix the microphone. Now, it's there sometimes when I start spotify/windows media player/youtube and will randomly vanish after using in browser audio input like youtube. 

All in all I love the QC35II when it works but unfortunately it hardly has really worked as intended yet.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tobimk
Contributor
Registered since

May 12, 2019

Re: QC 35 II Problems with Noise cancellation, microphone and sound delay

Author Accepted Answer selected by tobimk

Of course Im not happy with the result because there hasnt been a result yet. I explained I already did the reset thing and cleared device list and then Im getting told to do exactly that again. I said I updated to the newest version and Im being asked to update to the newest firmware version. I want to have my problem solved in a forum and Im handed a phone number that Im not calling for a reason in the first place.The only thing that is more disappointing than this support is the actual device itself.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
tobimk
Contributor
Registered since

May 12, 2019

PS.: There's white noise and less to none noise cancellation when there's audio input on the headphones (saying they work perfectly fine without audio input ... cancel out a great deal of noise and dont have any white noise)

Hector_B

Hi Tobimk, 

Thanks for your posts and welcome to the community. I appreciate the troubleshooting that you have already done. 

Firstly, I would like to suggest ensuring that your headphones are running the latest software via Btu.bose.com

I would also suggest adjusting the noise canceling settings inside the app. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
tobimk
Contributor
Registered since

May 12, 2019

Firmeware is up to date.

If you're talking about the bose connect app, I don't really have that on my PC . 

I do have a control panel/device manager in which I can disable 'hands free audio' and basically only use the 'audio renderer' to make noise canceleing work againd and make the white noise disappear, but that basically disables the mic.

Zoe_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Hello tobimk,

Thanks for reaching out again, I am sorry to hear that you are having issues still with your QC35's. I would be more than happy to help, I would recommend that you try a product reboot then remove the devices from the Bluetooth list. 

To reboot your headset:
• Turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds
• Plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds
• Unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute
• Turn on the headset

To clear the headset memory of previously paired Bluetooth® devices:

• Power on your headset, then slide and hold the Power switch toward the Bluetooth icon for about 10 seconds until you hear "Bluetooth device list cleared."

You should also remove the headphones from your PC then reconnect.

I hope this helps, let me know how you get on!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C 

tobimk
Contributor
Registered since

May 12, 2019

I did the exact same thing when my mic wasnt found by my PC which worked for the mic but resulted in the problems described above.

Zoe_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Hello,

I am sorry to hear that that has not worked, this is not normal behavior, so I would recommend that you call the customer care team as they will be able to assist you further; you can find the contact information here.

I hope this helps, should you need anything else please do not hesitate to get in touch. 

Kindest regards,

Zoe C 

tobimk
Contributor
Registered since

May 12, 2019

LOL thanks for the assistance, but I was able to find the phone number myself yet I chose to deal with the issue in writing .. 

I clicked solution accidentally but this couldnt be further from a solution . 

Zoe_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Hello,

I am sorry that you are not happy with the outcome, the only other thing that I could suggest is that you try another device to see if the same issue occurs. It would be more beneficial with this issue to have an advisor in real time able to go through everything with you. 

Kindest regards,

Zoe C

tobimk
Contributor
Registered since

May 12, 2019

Author Accepted Answer selected by tobimk

Of course Im not happy with the result because there hasnt been a result yet. I explained I already did the reset thing and cleared device list and then Im getting told to do exactly that again. I said I updated to the newest version and Im being asked to update to the newest firmware version. I want to have my problem solved in a forum and Im handed a phone number that Im not calling for a reason in the first place.The only thing that is more disappointing than this support is the actual device itself.

View solution in original post