Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IcyMidnight
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 20, 2018

QC 35 II Stuttering - Dual device feature is severely crippled

I have been using my QC 35 IIs for a couple of months now and I'm extremely disappointed with the dual device feature. It is nice that I can associate to two devices but if they're both enabled the sound coming from either of them is super stuttery.

I have a Macbook Pro and a Pixel XL 2 paired to my headphones. Headphones are at firmware v2.5.1, date of manufacure is Aug 10, 2017.

If I'm playing music or a video on either device and they are both connected the audio stutters incessantly. I can usually reduce the severity of the stutter by bringing both devices right next the headphones (i.e. not just the one streaming audio) but the stuttering continues at a lower rate. Whenever I use my headphones I have to turn them on, listen to both devices connect, pull out my phone, and disconnect from one of the devices, and only then start streaming the audio.

I'm not sure if this is a weak bluetooth radio, an underpowered processor in the headphones, or a bug in the firmware that tries to merge the audio from both devices even if only one is actually producing audio, but it makes the dual device feature a pain in the ass to use.

18 REPLIES 18
Shiloh_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Re: QC 35 II Stuttering - Dual device feature is severely crippled

Hi there, IcyMidnight!

Thank you for reaching out o the community.  To clarify, if you only have one device connected is there any stuttering?   Let's try a couple troubleshooting steps:

1. Turn the headset off and wait for 30 seconds.
  2. Plug the headset into a USB power supply via USB cord and wait 5 seconds. (Power supply needs to be plugged into the wall with power on).
  3. Unplug USB cord from headset and wait 1 minute.
  4. Turn on the headset and test if the headset works properly.

After you complete the reset, let's clear the pairing list.  To clear the list just slide the power switch all the way to the right towards the Bluetooth symbol and hold it there for about 10 seconds, you should hear a voice prompt letting you know that the list is cleared.  At this point make sure to delete the headphones from both your device's paired lists, then reestablish the connection and test it out.

Let me know what you find?

I hope that you have a great day take care,

Shiloh - Bose Support 

avenxyc
Participant
Registered since

Mar 19, 2018

I have the same problem. I also have a Pixel 2 XL, when Headphone was connected to my Pixel and my Thinkpad P51, the sound got stuttered unless I disconnect one of them.

Shiloh_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Hi there,

I'm glad you reached out - could you try out the troubleshooting steps I've posted above and let me know how it goes?

Take care and thanks for posting,

Shiloh 

pagefault
Collaborator
Registered since

Mar 23, 2018

I have the exact same problem, Pixel 2 XL and Macbook, the bluetooth with start to stutter after a period of time until I disconnect one of the devices. I have followed the troubleshooting steps but this just seems like a bug at this point in the firmware somewhere.

alex_t
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 24, 2018

Hello.

I think my case is very interresting. I have just bought a QC35 II, in amazon.fr So my device is totally new, 1 day old. Before the firmware update, it worked fine. After firmware update, I cannot keep my phone and my PC paired together on the QC35 II otherwise there is stuttering (either if I liste music on smartphone or PC).

SO it is obvious that with last firmware comes also a bug.

I hope BOSE will find a solution. It is my first Bose headset.

Thanks

pagefault
Collaborator
Registered since

Mar 23, 2018

Yeah mine was fine when I bought it as well but after updating the firmware it starting doing this. It also randomly disconnects now. There is a huge bug somewhere in the latest firmware, there is a lot of people experiencing this problem

alex_t
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 24, 2018

Hello and thank you.

It is good to know that many users are experiencing the same issue, it should be easier for Bose to propose a fix, I hope so.

Shiloh_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Hi folks!

Thank you both for reaching out to the community - I 'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue!  Let's get this figured out for you. 

Can we start with a reset on the headphones?

1. Turn the headset off and wait for 30 seconds.
  2. Plug the headset into a USB power supply via USB cord and wait 5 seconds. (Power supply needs to be plugged into the wall with power on).
  3. Unplug USB cord from headset and wait 1 minute.
  4. Turn on the headset and test if the headset works properly.

After you complete the reset let's clear the pairing list.  To do that just slide the power switch all the way to the right towards the Bluetooth symbol and hold it there for about 10 minutes, you should hear a voice prompt letting you know that the list is cleared.  At that point make sure to delete the headphones from your device's paired lists then reattempt that connection.  

Let me know if this helps?

I hope that you have a wonderful day!

Take care,

Shiloh 

alex_t
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 24, 2018

Hello Shiloh_C and thank you for your reply.

HW reset and clearing the bluetooth connexion did not solve the issue. Each time my smartphone and my PC are connected at the same time I cannot listen to music without stuttering:

music player on smartphone (music stored on phone) + PC still connected in bluetooth => music with stuttering

smartphone still connected in bluetooth + music player on PC  (music stored on PC) => music with stuttering

Thanks

Best regards

Alexandre