Highlighted
MatteoB729
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 21, 2019

QC 35 II connecting issues

Good evening. I have a Samsung Galaxy s9+. Qc 35 sometimes blocks audio output for like some milliseconds when connected via bluetooth and then goes back to normality. I have to say this is quite annoying. I have sent them back to bose and got another pair. Same issue. Can someone help me? Thank you
15 REPLIES 15

Re: QC 35 II connecting issues

Hello MatteoB729! Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community.

I am sorry to hear you are having difficulty, but am happy to assist. When you say "blocks audio output" does that mean that the audio drops or are you receiving a notification that the output is blocked?

It is unlikely that two separate headphones had the exact same fault so it may be that something else from the phone side is happening. Does this happen with multiple devices? What about different sources/apps?

Let us know so we can help resolve the issue! 

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

MatteoB729
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 21, 2019

Hi Greg,
Thank you for the fast reply. When i say that audio output gets blocked i mean that music just stops for a very short time and then continues normally. I didn't try with other devices while i did try to switch audio source and that didn't change anything. Thank you for your help, hope we find a solution
joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@MatteoB729  I do not work for Bose but as you probably can guess - it is not a universal problem.

What you want to tell Bose here is:

1. Are you playing audio through an app locally on your phone?  If so, which app.  Do other local audio playing apps have the same issue?

2. Are you streaming audio and if so through which services - youtube, spotify, etc.  Is the streaming associated with video or just audio?

3. If you stream, is it via 4G/LTE, 5G, or Wifi?

You'll want to use the above to provide guidance on whether it is happening with just some things on your phone or everything associated with your phone.

MatteoB729
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 21, 2019

@joelrwin thank you for you advice. Well, i play audio with Spotify on my phone usually. When i found out the headset's issue i tried to play music with my phone's music player, so music locally on my phone but it didn't change anything. I tried also youtube but same result. I tried to stream both with wifi and 4g. My phone with other bluetooth earphones works just fine... so i'm wondering where is the issue. Thank you for your help hope to find a solution asap

Hi MatteoB729,

Thank you for checking the different media sources. As it appears to not change when using these, have you tried pairing the Headphones to another device at all to see if it still has the slight audio delay? 

Many thanks

Leon_C - Community Support

BenK
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 28, 2019

I have a similar problem with samsung s8+, computer bluetooth and bose qc 35 II

I am playing spotify through computer, whenever s8+ tries to make a sound, the qc35 ii drops out for a second (but doesnt make any sound)

same problem here: https://community.bose.com/t5/Headphones-Archive/QC-35-II-pairing-2-devices/td-p/107555/page/2

Hello @BenK

Thanks for reaching out to us!

Does this issue occur when you pause the music on the first device, then play from the second, or only when you try and play when the system is already playing?

Furthermore, is this just for notifications, or is this for all audio?

Please get back to us!

Liam

Community Support

MatteoB729
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 21, 2019

Hi Leon,
Sorry for being late to reply. I tried to connect the headset to my sister's iPhone and it works fine. With my phone it doesn't. I have to say that with other bluetooth devices my phone works normally. What can i do to solve this issue. Thank you
Matteo

@ MatteoB729

Thank you for testing that out for me.

As the issue appears to be directly a compatibility issue between the QC35 II headphones and your Samsung Galaxy S9+, I've done a little bit of research and found that it could be a Bluetooth version issue. Currently the QC35 II has a Bluetooth version of  4.1 where as the Galazy S9+ has a Bluetooth version of 5.0.

As they run slightly different versions of Bluetooth, they can still connect and you can play audio, however this could be the reason as to why you are encountering this audio delay.

Many thanks

Leon_C