Participant
Registered since

Dec 10, 2019

QC 35 II connecting to iPhone X, but no sound coming through

Hi,

I recently received my partner's old iPhone X (2 months ago). When I first got it, I had a lot of trouble getting my QC 35 II headphones to play the sound. A lot of resetting/restarting and clearing eventually fixed that.

I use these headphones all day every day at work, this morning I put them on and the same issue has all of a sudden started again. The phone recognises that the headphones are connected, but no sound comes out. (They still connect to my MacBook Air and play sound).

I have followed all the suggestions I can find:

- remove from connected devices on iPhone

- 'forget' the device

- restart both devices

- clear device list from headphones

- updating headphones

Nothing works.

Anyone have different suggestions???

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: QC 35 II connecting to iPhone X, but no sound coming through

Hello Jess0hf, 

Thanks for reaching out to the Bose Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your QC35 II headphones. It sounds like you have tried the majority of the troubleshooting we would generally recommend with an issue like this. 

If you haven't already, please check to ensure the firmware of the iPhone is up to date. Additionally, restarting the phone may help if the issue only occurs on the one device. 

Kind regards,

Jeff G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 10, 2019

Hi Jeff,

I did have to update my phone, but that didn't fix the problem.

However, I seem to have found some sort of work-around - if I start my music and then open the Bose App, I can hear it and then I can flick to all other apps and the sound will work. 

It's an annoying bug that I'm sure could be fixed through a software update, but I guess I'll have to accept it for now and (in)conveniently they have just run out of warranty.

These are not cheap headphones and at this point I would not recommend them to a friend if this is the process I have to work through to get them to work!

Highlighted

Hi Jess0hf, 

Thank you for coming back to us!

I'm sorry to hear that updating your iPhone X hasn't resolved your issue. 

I'm glad to hear you've found a workaround. This is an odd issue, however, as you are not experiencing the issue with other products, it is less likely to be an issue with your headphones.

Can you tell me what firmware version you are running on your headphones?

Which iOS version are you running on your iPhone X? 

I would be interested to find out if anyone else in the Community is experiencing the same issue. I invite you to chime in here.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 10, 2019

Hi Jessie,

The headphones are running version 4.5.2.

My iPhone is on iOS 13.3.

I will admit (as I said earlier) it has only been an issue since getting the iPhone X, was always fine with my iPhone 8, so you could be right about it not being an issue with the headphones and likely and issue with the phone. 

Highlighted

Hi Jess0hf,  

Thank you for coming back to me! 

Thank you for supplying this information, It looks like your all up to date so there is nothing we can advise there. 

The only way to be sure would be to try another iPhone X handset. Hopefully so one in the community will be able to help test this if you do not have another device available. 

If there is anything else I can do, please reach out again! 

Kindest,

Jessie O