krishna.nkvrp
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 28, 2019

QC 35 II constant disconnect and reconnect with iPhone and Windows (laptop)

I have 2 devices connected to my QC 35 II (1. iPhone and 2. Windows Laptop). When ever I use some audio from windows laptop (songs or meeting), QC 35 II is frequently disconnect and reconnect to iPhone (XS). I already did the basic troubleshooting (clearing off the bluetooth list and connecting as fresh, making sure to have latest firmware).

Can anyone help me out how to fix this issue ?

Thanks,

Krishna

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
seb2k
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 26, 2019

Re: QC 35 II constant disconnect and reconnect with iPhone and Windows (laptop)

Same issue here. Only iPhone X and Surface Book 2 (Windows 10) are connected and no other devices.

What I can say is that the connection was working better before the latest Bose update but maybe there was a Windows Update interfering at the same time.

Highlighted

Hello,

Thank you for your comments, I am sorry to hear you're experiencing these issues, but I would love to help!

I would suggest doing a product reset, this can be done by following the instruction provided below.

1. Turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds
  2. Plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds
  3. Unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute
  4. Turn on the headset

I would also recommend only having one device connected at one time. As if both devices are connected and you have an audio signal coming from both products this can cause interference.

Kind regards,

Tegan M - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
krishna.nkvrp
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 28, 2019

Thanks for the reply Tegan.
I tried resetting the device as well but issue is still there. When I connected to both the devices (iPhone/Android) and Laptop (tried with different laptops - Windows) and if I am on any call on Mobile, I didn't have any connect disconnect issues with laptop. Only when I am on Laptop (Skype or playing some audio) and it's continuously connecting and disconnecting to Mobile. 

Currently I am turning off bluebooth on mobile when I am on calls on laptop with headphones, but the purpose of having multiple devices connected is gone. 

Any more suggestions please where I can have both mobile and laptop active connection ?
Highlighted

Hello Krishna,

Sorry to hear this didn't solve your issue. Do you have another mobile device to test this with by any chance?

Let me know if you are able to and if the problem persists.

Warm Regards,

Charlotte G

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
krishna.nkvrp
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 28, 2019

Hi Charlotte,

Thanks for the response.

I already tried this with 2 devices (Android and iPhone). Both got the same issue even I tried with different laptops as well. I am not sure whats causing the interference to make the disconnect and connect every 5 seconds for phone (during calls or audio on Laptop). 

Please let me know if you want me to try anything different ?

Thanks,

Krishna

Highlighted

Hi Krishna,

Thank you for confirming that. 

At this point, I'm not sure what is causing the interference problem. Do you have any other Bluetooth devices in close proximity?

I'm going to suggest getting in touch with your local Technical Support team to see if there is anything they can do for you, as I believe there may be an issue with your headphones. 

Global Technical Support > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us' and you will find the relevant contact details.

Warm Regards,

Charlotte G