Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 26, 2018

QC 35 II - lots of noise during phone call

I recently got the Bose QC 35 II headphones, and I'm observing a lot of noise when on a phone call in a public setting (terrible when on the airport & in the bus). More than the people talking, it's a "grinding" kind of a sound that shows up most often. The headphones gave a better call experience when they were plugged in through the AUX cable in those settings instead (had to turn them off). Shouldn't the headphones be giving a better call experience when wireless & turned on rather than when wired & turned off?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Mar 24, 2018

Re: QC 35 II - lots of noise during phone call

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: QC 35 II - lots of noise during phone call

Hello aditya2705!

Thank you for reaching out to us. Sorry to hear about your experience. I believe there is a way to improve your call experience. Try moving to a quieter environment and make a call. The reason why we suggest this is because how the microphone works on the headset. Mainly used for telephone conversations, the communication microphones are tuned to the human voice frequency range. They automatically adjust the gain (microphone volume). In a loud environment where there are voices in the background, it is possible the microphones will pick up those background noises and bring up the gain. 

You may also want to check to see if the issue occurs with another Bluetooth enabled phone. 

Does that help? 

Let me know when you get the chance. 

Thank you again,

Mohsin - Community Support