almendale
Participant
Registered since

Aug 4, 2019

QC 35 II poor range versus QC 35

I assume it is the LE stuff making the range of my QC35 II about 1/2 of the former pair of QC 35, something like 5-8 metres. How do I adjust that? Do I have to have an Android or Apple device to do that?

4 REPLIES 4
Zoe_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Re: QC 35 II poor range versus QC 35

Hello almendale,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community, I am sorry to hear that you are having Bluetooth range concerns with the QuietComfort35 II. The QC35 II headphones have the same range of 10m as the QC35 headphones, the range will be dependant on interference from outside forces. Are you listening to the headphones in a different way or different location to your previous set of QC35's? There is also some troubleshooting that you can try to help with this, try rebooting your device and resetting the headphones.

To reset your product:

1. Power off your product, then wait 30 seconds
  2. Connect your product to a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait five seconds
  3. Disconnect the USB cable from the headset, then wait one minute
  4. Power on your product.

I am also interested to see if you experience this on another device, would you be able to test this?

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C - Community Support 

almendale
Participant
Registered since

Aug 4, 2019

After 'rebooting' the headphones, I am still experiencing the issue; in an obstacle free environment, the Motorola MotoRocker BTE bluetooth headset (think they are also LE) get nearly the full 10 m 802.15/PAN range, and I'm pretty sure my QC35 did as well; dropout occurs on the QC35 II unit at about 3m, and "signal lost" at about 5m. It seems also the QC35 II does fewer retries, and this adds to the annoyance; for example, I am working in a noisy workshop, using the Bose headset as noise cancellation, and I walk a few paces away, only to have to restart the song I was listening to. 

almendale
Participant
Registered since

Aug 4, 2019

For whatever reason, I get even worse range (2-3 m to dropout, 4-5m to disconnect) with a laptop computer (ASUS T102HA) than with a Galaxy Tab-A or Galaxy S7 (my usual favorite listening devices are the Samsung).

Zoe_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Hello almendale,

Thanks for getting back in touch, I am very sorry to hear that you are experiencing this. This does seem very strange that it is not the expected behavior, I would suggest disconnecting any other devices that might be interfering with the connection and try the headphones in a different location to see if there are any changes to the distance performance. 

If you are still having trouble after this then I would recommend calling the customer care team as they will be able to assist you further with this, if you get better results in the new location and fewer devices connected then get back in touch.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C