switters
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 14, 2018

QC 35 II won't connect to Macbook Pro

I just bought a pair of QC 35 IIs. They connect fine to my iPhone X. And I'm able to initially establish a connection with my Macbook Pro. But, if I turn the headphones off or go out of range, they do not reconnect. The only way I can get them to connect again is to delete the QC 35 II from the list of Bluetooth devices in System Preferences > Bluetooth, and then add it again as a new device. Obviously this is not practical for ongoing use. 

6 REPLIES 6

Re: QC 35 II won't connect to Macbook Pro

Hi switters!

Thank you kindly for reaching out to the community, welcome! Since the headphones are working well with your iPhone I'm thinking that this is on the Mac's end.  What version OS are you running?  I've heard of this occurring on older Mac OS versions.

There's several steps that we can try to help this:

• Toggle Bluetooth on/off in settings menu 
  • Rebooting the Mac
  • Resetting the headphones:
  1. Turn the headset off and wait for 30 seconds.
  2. Plug the headset into a USB power supply via USB cord and wait 5 seconds. (Power supply needs to be plugged into the wall with power on).
  3. Unplug USB cord from headset and wait 1 minute.
  4. Turn on the headset and test if the headset works properly.

I hope that you're having a wonderful week so far!  I look forward to your response.

Please take care,

Shiloh - Bose Support 

switters
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 14, 2018

Shiloh,

I am on 10.13.3, the latest version of High Sierra, so that isn't the issue. I've tried turning Bluetooth on and off and restarting a few times. I just reset the headphones as you instructed and that didn't work.

When I turn on the headphones, it says "Connecting to Chris's Macbook Pro..." several times. Then eventually it says "Mobile device not found."

Again, if I remove the QC 35 II from the list of devices in System Preferences > Bluetooth, and then re-pair, it works. But if I then disconnect the headphones or turn them off, and turn them back on again, they will not re-connect with the Macbook Pro. 

I also noticed that this morning the QC 35 II failed to automatically connect with my iPhone X. It also failed to connect even when I went into the Bluetooth settings on the iPhone and pressed on the Bose QC35 II device in the list to manually connect it. 

Is it possible this is a hardware issue? Obviously I will have to return them if they can't reconnect to my devices. 

Hey switters,

Thanks for getting back to me.  So now where the headphones are having issues with several devices this is pointing towards a problem on the headphone's end.  What I would suggest now is to reach out to customer support, you can use this link.  Just select your country and scroll down to where you see "contact us".  Support will be able to help you from there.

Please let me know if you need anything else!

Take care and enjoy your evening,

Shiloh 

bpap
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 4, 2018

Hi Shiloh,

I am having a similar issue.

I have the soundsport wireless and it is impossible to switch to pair with my mac while connected to my iphone.

Both brand new macbook pro 2018 and iphone X with most recent updates. I had this same issue with my old phone and old macbook, and thought it might be that. But seems to be the headphones.

I have to disconnect the iphone and clear the list on headphones then reconnect the mac and vice versa.

If I am connected to the mac, then try to connect with the iphone, its says "unsuccessful, please make sure the device is on and nearby".  My understanding is that you should be able to have them both connected and tap power/bluetooth button to see which is first in queue.

Some help would be appreciated, as I want to buy the QC35 ii, but not if the same issue arises.

Thanks guys.

Blake

Hi Blake!

Thank you for writing in. From what I can understand, you are trying to pair with a previously connected device? I included a snap from the owner's guide, let me know if this is helpful?

You may also want to try clearing the headphone pairing list and reconnect your devices. 

Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth button for 10 seconds or until you hear " Bluetooth device list cleared".

Let me know your findings when you get the chance!

Thank you again,

Mohsin 

Highlighted
Abdi-hell
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 5, 2018

I had the same issue and tried the suggested by Shiloh. None worked.

What did though, was:

- I first connected the QC35 II to my iPhone via the Bose Connect app, as usual.

- Turn on the Bluetooth in the MacBook Pro (mine is Mid 2012, OS X El Capitan 10.11.6)

- In the app, look for Bluetooth icon >>> new connection

- The QC35 II should appear now in the device list of Bluetooth preference panel. Click "link device" or whatever text shown

- Once linked, both devices were connected

- Now, for listening from MacBook, go to Bluetooth icon in the app, and switch off the iPhone or whatever mobile you have

- Sound source will now be the MacBook

Hope this works for you too!